PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway: 311 - 9/27

katbug
09-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Warning: Spoiler at the end, so if you're reading this in email, don't continue unless you want to see it. ;)

Wow, surprise, surprise! We're no closer to finding out who wins, but I'm actually with Laura on this. I'm glad to see them all going because it will be more fun to see more collections. I can't believe I still want to see Jeffrey's collection, even after how much he's irritated me this season!

I agreed with the judges completely on this challenge. Laura and Uli were the only ones who actually did what the challenge said and made something that represented themselves as a designer. Who knew that I'd agree about Uli getting the entire meaning, going a step above and winning the challenge though?! And last week I was pretty sure she'd be out.

I still keep hoping that Laura will step it up a notch. This was a gorgeous dress, but once again pretty bland. Michael's taken my top spot over Laura but I still think she's awesome and will have a very lucrative career. I can't wait until fashion week!!!

P.S. Here's a (kinda)spoiler that I only caught a hint of on Reality Remix the other day:

Apparently there's rumor that Jeffrey outsourced all of his sewing for his fashion week collection. Big NO NO. I easily found info about the investigation, but no resolution will be revealed yet. You can follow this link (http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/project_runway_3/2006_Sep_25_cheating_accusation) for an article about it (or search for [Jeffrey outsourced sewing "Project Runway"] to bring up quite a few sites about it.

gossamer88
09-28-2006, 08:33 AM
I actually thought Uli's dress was the worst and Michael's the best. This thing should go to either Michael or Laura.

As far as the spoiler goes, you reap what you sew [sic].

katbug
09-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Oooh, great use of that quote! lol. So true! (and you must also watch BB for that to be so fresh in your mind) ;0)

DLiquid
09-28-2006, 12:09 PM
It seemed to me like Jeffrey and Michael were the judges favorites over the whole season, but they were the worst two this week. They didn't want to send Uli or Laura home if they did best this week, so what were they going to do?

gossamer88
09-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Oooh, great use of that quote! lol. So true! (and you must also watch BB for that to be so fresh in your mind) ;0)
You know what's funny? I did watch BB and didn't even make that connection!

Bill Reeves
09-28-2006, 01:24 PM
It seemed to me like Jeffrey and Michael were the judges favorites over the whole season, but they were the worst two this week. They didn't want to send Uli or Laura home if they did best this week, so what were they going to do?

That's kind of how I saw it. If Uli had produced another halter top like she has produced almost every week, I think the judges would have sent her home. But since she did something different and was clearly (*) the best this week, the judges couldn't send her home.

(*) "clearly" as defined by the judges' comments about everyone's outfits -- I am not a fashion person and generally don't understand why someone like Jeffrey wins a challenge like the couture one when his dress looks horrible...

jradford
09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
PHEW!!!!

The entire show was leading up to Michael being the one to go. I wasn't happy. This really did feel like a "fair" twist, though, compared to bringing the two nutjobs back last week. All 4 will be fun to watch in NY.

Laura's dress was exactly the same as last week. I even think her quotes about it were the same.

bobbydole
09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I really didn't like this challenge... It seemed like the 2 people who did their best basically did what they've been doing the whole season, while Jeffery and Michael tried something different and they ended up at the bottom. I'm glad they kept all 4 of them, but disappointed in their poor choice in picking the challenge.

Dignan
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I read a headline last week that said something like, "Project Runway final 4 show at fashion week". I didn't read the article but never thought about the number 4 from the headline. As they were trying to decide who to cut last night I had a eureka moment and knew what was going to happen.

I'm glad they did it this way, I didn't want anyone to go. I'm probably most interested in seeing what Jeffrey will do, I like rooting for the villain for some reason. (except Wendy Pepper!!).

Favorite line of the night from "Smoove" Michael, "I even made a white girl look like she had an ass..." :)

NatasNJ
09-28-2006, 03:45 PM
The always have 4 people show at Fashion week because it happens before the show airs. So the 4th place person gets to show there even though they got voted out. Happened last year for sure with that hippie chick.

Ruth
09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
The always have 4 people show at Fashion week because it happens before the show airs. So the 4th place person gets to show there even though they got voted out. Happened last year for sure with that hippie chick.

I've read this too, and as a viewer I'm just as happy to see all 4 designers' collections as long as they are out there. It did make for kind of an anti-climactic episode though.

What was Michael thinking? That dress was icky. It seems like the designers are really exhausted by now. I am excited to see what they produce once they have more leisure time to think and create.

katbug
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
The thing I don't understand is when they're preparing for fashion week. They have what, 6 months or so? Maybe less, I don't remember, but either way...they're supposedly busy designing and constructing that entire time, but what I saw of last year (and anticipate this year) is that they've maybe completed one outfit by the time Tim goes off to visit them like 3 weeks before the fashion show. I'm sure all of my time frames are off, but wouldn't you think it would be smart to crank out these outfits and use all the extra time refining the looks rather than waiting until the last minute to do all (or any) of it? I don't understand...

Did this happen on season 1? I completely missed that season and was very surprised that it happened on S2 (which I saw on a marathon of reruns)...I hope this group is smart enough not to do that.

Dignan
09-28-2006, 04:37 PM

Yes but even in S1 when Austin got to show he wasn't considered final 4. They were for the purposes of the finale the final 3 and called the final 3. The headline definitely said Final 4, changing the field to 4 to compete not just show.

Ruth
09-28-2006, 04:46 PM
The thing I don't understand is when they're preparing for fashion week. They have what, 6 months or so? Maybe less, I don't remember, but either way...they're supposedly busy designing and constructing that entire time, but what I saw of last year (and anticipate this year) is that they've maybe completed one outfit by the time Tim goes off to visit them like 3 weeks before the fashion show. I'm sure all of my time frames are off, but wouldn't you think it would be smart to crank out these outfits and use all the extra time refining the looks rather than waiting until the last minute to do all (or any) of it? I don't understand...

I think it's like anything else -- some people have personalities where they do things in advance, and some people have personalities where they procrastinate and do everything at the last minute. Last season I remember that Daniel and Santino had a lot of stuff done when Tim visited, but Chloe had almost nothing accomplished. I guess we'll see who is what type from this cast.

Personally I'm a procrastinator, and I know perfectly well that it would be smarter to crank out my work as soon as possible and use all the extra time refining the work product rather than waiting until the last minute to do all (or any) of it . . . but I still can't make myself do it a lot of the time. :o

Stylin
09-29-2006, 12:13 AM
That's kind of how I saw it. If Uli had produced another halter top like she has produced almost every week, I think the judges would have sent her home. But since she did something different and was clearly (*) the best this week, the judges couldn't send her home.
Yep, I think that wouldve happened also. It would've been a shame to send Jeffrey and Michael home over this 1 challenge. I'm a big Michael fan, but the execution of his design did not translate well. And Jeffrey, well I don't know what that was, tho I think different fabric might've worked better. I like Laura's work, unfotunately it's predictable and boring. She needs edge.

Bill Reeves
09-29-2006, 12:53 AM
The thing I don't understand is when they're preparing for fashion week. They have what, 6 months or so?

In this episode, Jeffrey had a video of his kid for Father's Day, which is in June. Fashion Week was a couple of weeks ago. So they have about three months, maybe a little less.

katbug
09-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Oooh Bill, you are so observant! Thanks for putting that together for me. Now that you mention those things, they should have been obvious, but I completely forgot about them! Thanks!!

wouldworker
09-29-2006, 08:26 AM
I thought keeping all four designers was a cop-out. They would have sent Laura or Uli home if their dresses had sucked, so they should have picked between Michael and Jeffrey and sent one of them home. But I've never watched any "vote people off the island" shows before (I'm watching Project Runway because my wife is watching it), so maybe this sort of thing is par for the course. I didn't like when they gave those other two designers a second chance either. Do all reality shows break their own rules?

katbug
09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Yep, unfortunately most reality shows realize that their rules should be different and recant on them (or explain in more detail) in order to keep people who cause drama for ratings. It's frustrating! I was surprised PR would do this too, but not as disappointed even though I've been rooting for Jeffrey to go for quite some time now. At this point I think it will be neat to see all of their collections, but if Jeffrey wins, then I'll have a problem! I'm glad Michael didn't go (although I thought his dress was the worst) because he really is the most talented designer there and has consistantly been far above the rest throughout the season, so it would have been awful to see him go based on one big mistake.
That's why I kinda wish that they'd take more into account the entire body of what the designers have done rather than just week to week...some very talented people leave due to one flub-up when they could have won.

bluenoise
09-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I think in this case they did take Michael and Jeffrey's entire body of work into account. This week, I really though Jeffrey's outfit was the worst, with Michael's a close second. But I'm glad they're both going to the finals. I am a Michael fan, so I'm hoping he's able to take it all at FW. I am looking forward to watching Jeffrey get sent packing.

katbug
09-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Yep, I think they did too. Most weeks they don't, but I think they didn't want to lose 2 very talented designers before fashion week.

bluesman64
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I thought keeping all four designers was a cop-out.

Ditto.

I was seriously pissed off after the show. "The final challenge means the most" Pure BS. Short of sending the model down the runway naked, obviously nobody was going home. Given the fact that the "challenge" wasn't really a challenge (everybody just make what you want) and no one got sent off, really felt like a complete waste of an hour for me. :down: :down: :down:

Granny
09-29-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought it was remarkable that Uli won, considering she totally blew off the first day. I hope all the designers pull their heads out of their butts and take all the critisms to heart. They have all established themselves as one-trick ponies. They need to step it up. IMO. :)