PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Lost (Spoilers, not official)

SeanC
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm not starting this to be first which is why I didn't put the date in the title or S03E01.

I saw that Tivo was going to record Lost tonight and at first I was excited until I saw the guide data.

It would appear to be another one of the annoying rehash episodes so for the avid viewer, totally skippable.

Anyone else seeing this in their guide data?

AstroDad
09-27-2006, 03:18 PM
yep, but i didn't get excited because I knew it wasn't starting until 10/4

I will probably watch it sometime before next week just to refresh my memory

MikeMar
09-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Be a good thing to watch if you are bored I guess :)

-Sean, good to see you still on TCF, guess we didn't win powerball and you skip town with the money. That's reassuring :)

gchance
09-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Damn, I was all excited and forgot tonight WASN'T the Lost SP.

That said, will the season premiere's thread be closed due to 1000 posts, like the season finale was? I would think not, since the next episode will air before it gets close... but you never know. Now the break after 6 episodes could do it.

Greg

DougF
09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Lost trick season premieres are getting out of hand.

rkester
09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
No worries, we got DVRs. We can record it, see if its anygood, and trash if it isnt.

I dont need a catchup episode, I just recently stormed thru the entire S2 box set in a week.

TheMerk
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
We're going to watch the rehash ep tonight. Last season's rehash ep came just as we had finished watching the Season 1 DVDs and it was all fresh in our memory. We've avoided all Lost stuff all summer in anticipation of the new season.

TIVOSciolist
09-27-2006, 04:36 PM
-Sean, good to see you still on TCF, guess we didn't win powerball and you skip town with the money. That's reassuring :)

Oh man, did I miss out on another TCF Powerball pool?

SeanC
09-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Nah just a very VERY mini MA resident pool.

(I work in RI so on Friday I got tickets for Me, Mike and Hank)

DevdogAZ
09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Lost trick season premieres are getting out of hand.
No they're not. The reason they do this is . . .

;)

Looking forward to next week's premiere. Still have the season finale saved, so hopefully I'll get a chance to watch that before next week.

Mike Farrington
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Was that Kevin Spacey doing the voiceover?

mitchb2
09-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Yep, I thought tonight was the premiere.
Bastards.

AstroDad
09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Was that Kevin Spacey doing the voiceover?

i thought it was the guy who plays Henry Gale

Ereth
09-27-2006, 11:02 PM
I am NOT watching Yet Another Lost Clip Show.

They've had too damn many of them so far. Yes, I understand, people who have never watched the show need some way to catch up, but man, there's a LOT of clip shows!

Sirius Black
09-28-2006, 06:32 AM
My high-quality 9.95/month Bright House provided HD-DVR was recording this just fine. Then I apparently asked the DVR one too many things at a time because it (in order) 1) Dropped the signal from the HD channel. 2) Stopped recording. 3) Deleted the recording all with no user confirmation. The SD channel was just fine when I went to it. The HD channel came back the moment Lost was over.

It's not that I was recording it to catch up on missed shows. I have seen them all. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come. I can't afford a Series 3 yet and HD-DVR is my only option outside of scouring the net for torrents. Like most folks I can't stand to watch anything live anymore. Commercials are way too annoying. Even the good ones.

Sirius Black
09-28-2006, 06:37 AM
I am NOT watching Yet Another Lost Clip Show.

They've had too damn many of them so far. Yes, I understand, people who have never watched the show need some way to catch up, but man, there's a LOT of clip shows!

[gratuitious bad pun]How can you watch something that is lost?[/gratuitous bad pun]

I can think of 4 total clip shows they've had. One in mid-season 1. One at the beginning of season 2, one mid-season 2, and one here, at the beginning of season 3. IMO, that isn't too many clip shows.

With the breaks this show takes for no apparent reason ;), some folks need a clip show to get them back into the show.

Fool Me Twice
09-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Strange that they didn't include Libby at all. They showed AL, but not Libby, and Libby is the one that is most connected with the main storyline, and will have to be included in future flashbacks.

yaddayaddayadda
09-28-2006, 07:35 AM
I found libby's absence interesting as well. But then, again SOOO much was left out...they never mentioned the numbers at all, except in relation to the computer....no polar bears, no WHERES MY BA-BEE, very little Danielle, etc., etc., etc.,

TreborPugly
09-28-2006, 10:10 AM
For those of you who want to waste no time on a clip-show:

The narration tells you things that were never said explicitly. Like when Lock saw the glowing diagram on the door that was crushing his leg, we originally just saw a very detailed drawing, of who-knows-what.

The narrator says this was an attempt by the first guy stuck there (military guy I think, not the sailor) to map the system of hatches.

There are other places where this recap very clearly connects the dots for us.
I was glad for the recap.

TreborPugly
09-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Heh. My wife and I had the Kevin Space/Henry Gale debate for the narrator too.

TR7spyder
09-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, they had to fit 52 hours into 60 min :). So naturally, much of it had to be left out. I found it interesting to watch both seasons in “correct chronological order” (at least as we know it right now). I can’t wait for the season opener!

Sirius Black
09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Heh. My wife and I had the Kevin Space/Henry Gale debate for the narrator too.

I was thinking it was Kevin Spacey but now I've thought about it some more the chances of that are very unlikely. No doubt the narration voice is close but that was all Henry Gale. Some might even say it was Henry Gale in character and not the actor telling the story...

Warren
09-28-2006, 10:19 AM
you guys are joking about spacey/gale right?

Sirius Black
09-28-2006, 10:44 AM
you guys are joking about spacey/gale right?

In what aspect?

We aren't saying that Henry Gale is played by Kevin Spacey.

We are saying that the narrator in last night's clip show episode sounded like Kevin Spacey's voice.

Does that clear it up?

jking
09-28-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't see the problem. Lost was going to premiere next week anyway, so it was either a clip show this week or another repeat.

robbhimself
09-28-2006, 10:57 AM
i was surprised they didn't fit in the whole medical hatch, where kate found out about the fake beards.. i thought that was pretty relevant for anyone who might not have seen lost before and wanted to catch up for the premiere..

DougF
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
I tuned in for about three minutes last night. I don't think the narrator sounded like Kevin Spacey. He was the narrator on the Superman documentary on A&E a few months ago and sounded quite different.

Bierboy
09-28-2006, 11:38 AM
My high-quality 9.95/month Bright House provided HD-DVR was recording this just fine. Then I apparently asked the DVR one too many things at a time because it (in order) 1) Dropped the signal from the HD channel. 2) Stopped recording. 3) Deleted the recording all with no user confirmation. The SD channel was just fine when I went to it. The HD channel came back the moment Lost was over.

It's not that I was recording it to catch up on missed shows. I have seen them all. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come. I can't afford a Series 3 yet and HD-DVR is my only option outside of scouring the net for torrents. Like most folks I can't stand to watch anything live anymore. Commercials are way too annoying. Even the good ones.One word -- S3. (I know, I know, you said you can't afford it:) )

Bierboy
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't see the problem. Lost was going to premiere next week anyway, so it was either a clip show this week or another repeat.No it wasn't. Why did they have to show ANY Lost?

DevdogAZ
09-28-2006, 11:51 AM
No it wasn't. Why did they have to show ANY Lost?
Yeah, why didn't they just stretch Dancing with the Stars to two hours? :rolleyes:

MickeS
09-28-2006, 11:58 AM
In what aspect?

We aren't saying that Henry Gale is played by Kevin Spacey.

We are saying that the narrator in last night's clip show episode sounded like Kevin Spacey's voice.

Does that clear it up?

This is up there with wondering if the Matt Damon bit on Jimmy Kimmel might have been staged. ;)

tivoboyjr
09-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I thought Denzel Washington was the narrator. Or maybe Paris Hilton.

Ereth
09-28-2006, 12:34 PM
For those of you who want to waste no time on a clip-show:

The narration tells you things that were never said explicitly. Like when Lock saw the glowing diagram on the door that was crushing his leg, we originally just saw a very detailed drawing, of who-knows-what.

The narrator says this was an attempt by the first guy stuck there (military guy I think, not the sailor) to map the system of hatches.

There are other places where this recap very clearly connects the dots for us.
I was glad for the recap.

But we knew that. We had an episode where we saw him drawing the map. There's nothing NEW in there.

At least, assuming you didn't miss an episode.

DLiquid
09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
I can think of 4 total clip shows they've had. One in mid-season 1. One at the beginning of season 2, one mid-season 2, and one here, at the beginning of season 3. IMO, that isn't too many clip shows.There was also a clip show a few weeks ago on a Sunday. I think it included some interviews too.

IMO, one clip show is too many clip shows. :p

pcguru83
09-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I've never previously watched any of the other clip shows, but figured I'd watch this one to get me set up for Season 3. I'm glad I did too. I've never missed an episode of LOST, yet still thoroughly enjoyed this. IMO, it helps to put you in the mindset of the LOST universe again and is a great refresher. Plus, they gave a pretty decent preview of next weeks premiere at the end... ;)

Bierboy
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Will this be shown again before next week?

SeanC
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I can't believe that this unofficial thread became the official thread.

I officially apologize for starting it 6 hours before air.

Fool Me Twice
09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Will this be shown again before next week?
You can watch it on ABC.com.

jlb
09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
No doubt the narration voice is close but that was all Henry Gale. Some might even say it was Henry Gale in character and not the actor telling the story...

My thoughts exactly!!! Without a doubt I am sure that was the intended result sought by the producers. Whhhooooo boy......can't wait for next week.