09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Summer Glau ?!

SUMMER GLAU?

:eek:

:)

RoundBoy
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
*cough*..

Well .. on that note. . How did Molly expect to oay NEXT month's fee while still on the same salary ... looks like Blackthorn / The unit will ahve a conflic this season...

I also predict that kid will be killed somewhere for blackthorn. ... thats usually what happens in tv land

MrGreg
09-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I hope they bring back the story line from last year where Molly got conned out of the real estate money. I want to see a couple unit members scare the bejesus out of them.

jschuur
09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
IMDB has Summer coming back in next week's episode too.

Idearat
09-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Summer Glau: Yeah, I saw her name flash by at the beginning, so I was watching for her. Clueless though, I didn't recognize her when she was trying on the parka. Didn't realize it until the next scene she was in. Funny, I think she had more dialog in this one episode than in the entire run of Firefly.

Paying one of the unit members $500 to do personal driver training with gov't vehicles seemed a bit dodgy to me. I guess you could argue that it gave the kid a taste of what he "might" see if he stayed in the army, but that would be a stretch.

Joeg180
09-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Paying one of the unit members $500 to do personal driver training with gov't vehicles seemed a bit dodgy to me. I guess you could argue that it gave the kid a taste of what he "might" see if he stayed in the army, but that would be a stretch.

Not really, the operator signed out the training area and the vehicles to practice driving technigues.

I would love for Molly to get back the swindled money.

mrpantstm
09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
When Mr.Brown was "shot" I thought it was a con to make the former Unit member lead them to someone else. Well I was half right.

Pretty good episode.

I think it would be a bit more honest for Molly to start working for Blackthorn as the manager than to cherry pick some recruits. Definitly going to be an issue in the coming weeks since Colonel Ryan knows what Molly was after and who she was after. I don't think he'll take kindly to losing the kid.

pendragn
09-28-2006, 08:58 AM
I was in the Army, so I love the Army parts. I think they're also doing an excellent job with the side stories, like Molly's recruiting. It was also good to see Beecher (I'll always think of him as that from HBO's Oz) getting more roles. :)

tk

Amnesia
09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
I don't see why they didn't tag that guy with a RFID chip when he was out from the shot. That way they could have retrieved him after he did their assassination...

pendragn
09-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't see why they didn't tag that guy with a RFID chip when he was out from the shot. That way they could have retrieved him after he did their assassination...
In real life you can't read RFID tags from more than a few feet away. It would work inside a building (maybe) but certainly not outside of a contained environment.

tk

joeinma
09-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Summer Glau ?!

SUMMER GLAU?

:eek:

:)

Wow, I didn't even realize it was her! Between Firefly and her few times on the 4400, she was always made up to look like someone in the looney bin (come to think of it, her character on the 4400 was!)...so I did not recognize the housewife look.

jschuur
09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
In real life you can't read RFID tags from more than a few feet away. It would work inside a building (maybe) but certainly not outside of a contained environment.
I don't think my TV can receive this 'real life' you speak of. It was built by inmates from Prison Break.

classicX
09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
When Mr.Brown was "shot" I thought it was a con to make the former Unit member lead them to someone else. Well I was half right.

I was a bit slow on the uptake this episode. I only put it all together when they left the scene without even searching for the former Unit member. Then I said to my wife, "Hey, this is a setup! He planted that bug!"

I didn't even get it on the scene where they were quizzing other unit members from other teams, "How do you assassinate a target when you can't get to him?"

I even said to my wife.. "You make everyone around him want to kill him."

I like the episode. I kept feeling like the recruit kid was gonna die though.

I predict:

Molly will go to work for BlackThorne and start raking in the dough. A few episodes later, news of the first kid's death with reach her and she will have a breakdown and quit working for them.

</end prediction>

pmyers
09-29-2006, 12:56 PM
This is only my 2nd episode of watching this show but I now officially answer my cell phone "Go for Patrick" ;)

Sadara
09-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I was also slow on the uptake with this one. After it was over and hubby explained it to me, I understood. Good episode!!

rgr
09-29-2006, 06:38 PM

And how do you know they didn't?

Amnesia
09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
In the last scene they said something about not knowing where he was...and no mention of any tracking device...

rgr
09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't be the first time that such information was closely held. The whole group doesn't need to know.

Unbeliever
10-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Not really, the operator signed out the training area and the vehicles to practice driving technigues.

I think Idearat is looking at it from the "Misappropriation of Government Resources" angle, not that it was technically impossible. People get very sensitive about the simple APPEARANCE of impropriety, and Molly paying someone off to train someone for commercial gain definitely didn't pass the sniff test.

--Carlos V.

Joeg180
10-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I think Idearat is looking at it from the "Misappropriation of Government Resources" angle, not that it was technically impossible. People get very sensitive about the simple APPEARANCE of impropriety, and Molly paying someone off to train someone for commercial gain definitely didn't pass the sniff test.

--Carlos V.

She said she would pay him the $500, he turned it down or at least we don't see any $$ changing hands. She strokes his ego about the kid going wild over learning something from a unit member, he gives in...

Sadara
10-02-2006, 09:16 AM
These guys are in a secret unit, do you really think that they are doing every thing legit? I doubt it, which is half the fun of this show, imo.