PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation Watch: Justice and Happy Hour Go On Early Hiatus

anom
09-25-2006, 07:07 PM
As reported here (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7210).

They were scheduled to go on hiatus when the baseball season started, but they're leaving early in favor of reruns of other shows, which can't be a good sign.

terpfan1980
09-25-2006, 07:10 PM
As reported here (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7210).

They were scheduled to go on hiatus when the baseball season started, but they're leaving early in favor of reruns of other shows, which can't be a good sign.

Old news here at TCF. Check the "Cancelled, Moved, Replaced" thread at the top of the forum here :D

Stylin
09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Wow, that was quick for Justice. I liked it - thought it would last a little longer.

jeff125va
09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I was glad to see they're repeating the pilot of Justice, which I had missed. Although I wouldn't be all that disappointed if it gets cancelled. I like certain things about it, but dislike others. Maybe they started the hiatus early so they could do some tweaking, although I'd be surprised if an episode set for Oct. 4th wasn't completed already.

BriGuy20
09-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I think they'll give Justice another shot/slot (both?).

I don't think they're going to chop a Bruckheimer procedural so soon. I also think that they'll try to put it in another slot, but I don't think they have any other procedurals to match it up with (except maybe House).

It's ratings were awful, though.

marksman
09-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I like this system of just recording all the new shows and not watching then... then wait until they air 4 or 5 weeks otherwise just remove them if they get canceled. Really saves a lot of time.

jschuur
09-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I like this system of just recording all the new shows and not watching then... then wait until they air 4 or 5 weeks otherwise just remove them if they get canceled. Really saves a lot of time.
I thought about doing that, but just don't have the willpower not to peak ;)

Z-Todd
09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
I think they'll give Justice another shot/slot (both?).

I don't think they're going to chop a Bruckheimer procedural so soon. I also think that they'll try to put it in another slot, but I don't think they have any other procedurals to match it up with (except maybe House).

It's ratings were awful, though.

Just Legal (another Brucky show) only lasted 3 eps on the WB (although it did get a summer burnoff).

The thing with FOX is that they have an itchy trigger finger, and I don't quite understand why. A lot of FOX dramas are quite good, but 5 eps and out seems to be the rule and not the exception.

BriGuy20
09-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Just Legal (another Brucky show) only lasted 3 eps on the WB (although it did get a summer burnoff).

The thing with FOX is that they have an itchy trigger finger, and I don't quite understand why. A lot of FOX dramas are quite good, but 5 eps and out seems to be the rule and not the exception.

They were as patient as you could expect with Arrested. I think the difference was that they kept it on for "it might win an emmy" reasons.

But yes, they do get an itchy trigger finger with other stuff (cough FIREFLY cough).

newsposter
09-29-2006, 09:00 AM
i dont understand.. I thought the sweeps periods determined how much networks charge for commercials. Am I wrong? I just dont get why it matters if a new show has bad ratings for 3 eps even. heck, why not just charge commercial time by the ACTUAL rating of the show on a subsequent basis?

tivogurl
09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Think where Fox would be if they had an itchy trigger finger for The X-Files. That show really made them, yet they discard what made it successful: patience, and letting the audience grow into the show. Now everything must be an instant hit.

Werd2406
09-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Justice's ratings went up quite solidly this past week.

alyssa
09-29-2006, 10:56 PM
need I bring up firefly?

etemple
09-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I hope justice sticks around--it's really grown on me. They did end the last episode with scenes from upcoming (post-world series) eps . . . so perhaps there is still hope?

Werd2406
09-30-2006, 05:46 PM
It's coming back, just not sure what time/day

jamesbobo
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I cancelled my season pass for Happy Hour after the second show. Till Death season pass cancelled after the third show.

wmcbrine
10-02-2006, 05:34 AM
I have mixed feelings about Justice. The writing isn't quite up to snuff. I had to laugh when in the last ep, Ron Trott was explaining to the other lawyers the difference between civil and criminal trials, like they wouldn't know. I realize it was meant for the benefit of viewers, but they should've found a less clunky way to do it. In the same episode, there's confusing, seemingly conflicting dialogue about whether Trott often tries cases himself. Etc.

Great theme song, (http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/lawyersg.htm) though. :) And it's good to see a bit of the defense perspective (too many prosecution-oriented shows).