PDA

View Full Version : Nip/Tuck - "Monica Wilder" - OAD 09/19/2006

drew2k
09-20-2006, 03:29 PM
"Hi naked stranger! I'm Mario Lopez! Are you checking out my d*ck? :) Oh, you're checking out my ass. That's cool. I think I'll check it out too!" <looks down at his own ass>

So ... surgeons in Florida are permitted to operate in wife-beaters?

This was a very odd episode.

"Like putting lipstick on a pig."

NatasNJ
09-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Show is losing it for me. Need something to mix it up. Like have the new baby die or get kidnapped by old drug dealer. :)

TAsunder
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I liked this episode quite a bit. Peter Dinklage has such a screen presence... I always love him in movies and tv.

Finally mcnamara and troy are behaving more like the mcnamara and troy we know and love/hate.

Havana Brown
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Helllloooooooo Mario Lopez!

BriGuy20
09-20-2006, 06:04 PM
I thought the ladies would get a kick out of A.C. in the shower. :)

zalusky
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
I liked the YouTube reference and that Christian was more concerned about his lack of definition that his publicity.

marksman
09-20-2006, 07:16 PM
One of the gayest hours of television I think I have ever seen.

Way too much man-arse in the show.

I suspect we will see Peter Dinlakge's butt soon enough.

TheDewAddict
09-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Was I the only one annoyed that the "amateur" clip of Christian posted on YouTube had cuts in it? From the camera being on the girl, to it being on Christian, to back on the girl, all in the flow of conversation.

Overall I thought this episode was good. Even had some funny moments:

"You porked her!"

"She has a deviated septum!"

"You deviated your d*** into her"

Vito the TiVo
09-20-2006, 10:23 PM
How about the fact that that clip wouldn't even stay up on YouTube for a day?

zalusky
09-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I wished I had HD, so I could read the URL to see if there were any easter eggs AKA the way 24 does it.

drew2k
09-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I wished I had HD, so I could read the URL to see if there were any easter eggs AKA the way 24 does it.F/X is not available in HD, so unless Nip/Tuck is shown on another HD channel somewhere, you're regretting something that's just possible right now. :)

zalusky
09-21-2006, 01:28 AM
I am being sarcastic and we both know it.

drew2k
09-21-2006, 01:33 AM
I am being sarcastic and we both know it.Nope. Sorry. Never would have known if you didn't follow-up to say it. (I guess it's kind of like a joke that's not funny if you have to explain it. ;) )

kbohip
09-21-2006, 01:43 AM
One of the gayest hours of television I think I have ever seen.

Way too much man-arse in the show.

I suspect we will see Peter Dinlakge's butt soon enough.

No doubt, man am I tired of seeing guys butts on this show. The whole Christian might be gay now story is stupid too. I hate to say it, but if the story keeps going that way I'm done with Nip/Tuck. It used to be an excellent show too. :(

Jeeters
09-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Also not happy with the Christian storyline.

And after making us suffer so long watching Sean begging Julia to come back he goes and and has a one night stand? That was jump-the-shark territory for me.

Actually, when the girl was talking in the car creeped me out. I thought it was the beginning of a Fatal Attraction storyline although it didn't seem to go that direction after all. But then again, maybe she'll be back.

EchoBravo
09-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Like have the new baby dieThis sickened me. :down:

Loved this episode.

Man arse is fine. We've certainly had our share of T&A on this show. There's nothing wrong with sharing the wealth.

That pr0n clip definitely wouldn't have stayed on YouTube long enough for the number of hits they claimed. Could that have been a bad instance of product placement? I'm sure the Prius was.

I got really sick of the whole Carver thing last year. I feel nip/tuck is back to form so far this year. Love it! :up:

TAsunder
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
6000 hits is a lot for youtube???

Havana Brown
09-21-2006, 12:07 PM
hate to say it, but if the story keeps going that way I'm done with Nip/Tuck. It used to be an excellent show too. :(

Don't be a gay hater, my friend. ;) We ladies are enjoying the man arse. Like echobravo said, share the wealth, share the wealth. ;)

Oooh, and Slater was looking mighty fine. Did I already say that? :D

drew2k
09-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Oooh, and Slater was looking mighty fine. Did I already say that? :DI think he thinks so too, the way he checked out his own caboose after Christian was checking it out! :eek:

madscientist
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I think he thinks so too, the way he checked out his own caboose after Christian was checking it out! :eek:Maybe he was just making sure there wasn't something stuck back there that Christian was staring at ...

I don't see what the big problem is with a few shots of man rear. They don't do much for me but they don't bother me either: there's nothing inherently gross about butt cheeks. Given some of the surgical stuff they show on this series I don't get why viewers would be so put off by this.

EchoBravo
09-21-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't see what the big problem is with a few shots of man rear. They don't do much for me but they don't bother me either: there's nothing inherently gross about butt cheeks. Given some of the surgical stuff they show on this series I don't get why viewers would be so put off by this.Agreed. T-Bag sticking a scalpel into his fingertip on Prison Break two weeks ago made me squirm. A little bit of in-context '6' .. not so much.

kbohip
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Don't be a gay hater, my friend. ;) We ladies are enjoying the man arse. Like echobravo said, share the wealth, share the wealth. ;)

Oooh, and Slater was looking mighty fine. Did I already say that? :D

Oh yes, my wife was enjoying the man arse too. I just wish there was more hot woman booty to look at. :(

drew2k
09-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Maybe he was just making sure there wasn't something stuck back there that Christian was staring at ...

I don't see what the big problem is with a few shots of man rear. They don't do much for me but they don't bother me either: there's nothing inherently gross about butt cheeks. Given some of the surgical stuff they show on this series I don't get why viewers would be so put off by this.
The cheek-shots don't bother me either. What did bother me was, IMO, the apparent narcissism and absurdity of the whole scene. But you're right, maybe Lopez' character thought there was something there that shouldn't be...

willbhome
09-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Was I the only one annoyed that the "amateur" clip of Christian posted on YouTube had cuts in it? From the camera being on the girl, to it being on Christian, to back on the girl, all in the flow of conversation.

Overall I thought this episode was good. Even had some funny moments:

"You porked her!"

"She has a deviated septum!"

"You deviated your d*** into her"+1 Exactly the way I felt, about both the clip and comedic exchange.
And after making us suffer so long watching Sean begging Julia to come back he goes and and has a one night stand?Looks like it's not going to be JUST a one-nighter.Actually, when the girl was talking in the car creeped me out. I thought it was the beginning of a Fatal Attraction storyline although it didn't seem to go that direction after all. But then again, maybe she'll be back.We can only hope that that's what it turns into. I was REALLY disappointed in Sean.

mythica23
09-22-2006, 08:33 AM
ewwww woman booty////

I like the man arse... and the boy's arse from Blue monday was the reason i will watch show for a couple more episodes. He is also on Young and the restless I believe.

not everyday you get to see soap hunk Butt.. (Yet i have seen plenty of daytime woman on skinamax and HBO, Old billie from days of our lives played emanuelle in series for while. butt and other things)

sushikitten
09-22-2006, 08:46 AM
BRING ON THE MAN ARSE! :up:

HomieG
09-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Awful lot of Christian's ass this season.

Personally I'd rather watch the rather nice jiggle of the new owner of the firm. Yummy.

mitchb2
09-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Wow...hard to navigate this thread with all the crazy quoting.
Even my wife said, way too much male buttcrack. I don't care, because mine is refined.

The Sean-Cheating thing was way telegraphed...she will be the blackmailing villain now.

I have a feeling that the writers now think that buttcrack and sextalk will suffice, so writing and story and acting won't be required in the future....so my finger is poised over the Cancel button. It really feels like Melrose now, and we're too old for it.

Plenty of other Green on the Tivo.

Oh, by the way...Christian's new Gay Interest...is that the kid from Saved By The Bell ?!?!

sushikitten
09-23-2006, 12:32 AM
So ... surgeons in Florida are permitted to operate in wife-beaters?

I guess so, since their nurses are allowed to wear scrubs that show major cleavage!

johnperkins21
09-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Count me in as one of the people disturbed with all the man arse (my wife even complained). So far, this season is pretty bad, as it is all sex and no substance. The only thing that could save this show in my SP would be if they made Peter Dinklage a regular character. Other than that, it's getting 3 more weeks before I make a final decision.

betts4
09-23-2006, 09:47 PM
I have to say I enjoyed the episode up till Sean driving Monica home. I knew that she was toooooo perfect during the interview and figured we would find out she killed babies or something. But as soon as she started giving Sean the 'looks' in the car I knew it was going to happen.
OT reference- I was reminded of the book, The world according to Garp - Garp did quite a few of his babysitters on the 'ride' home.
I was pissed at Sean (my fave) for doing this after just getting back together with Julia. Silly men.

Christiens arse - nice! The other guys arse? Nicer!

I am not sure why Liz opened her mouth and still don't think it was appropriate. Though I like Liz and understand she was trying to help - sometimes you shouldn't. Maybe if they had talked out of the office it would have been different.

newsposter
10-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I can't tolerate talk in the bathroom, much less naked in the shower. And him moving right up next to him...ick

And whats wrong with monica? No supermodel but nowhere near ugly. Can't they get a truly ugly girl to play one?

Havana Brown
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
For those of you who like yummy Mario Lopez, (yeah you, Cwoody), you can check him out on Dancing with the Stars.