PDA

View Full Version : Picture in a Picture

The1cartoonkid
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I would like TIVO to offer picture in a picture feature.
NOT WITH TWO TUNERS!
I would love to freeze a recorded show and watch live TV as it is being recorded by TIVO. and then swith back to the taped show.
Or Watch a recorded live TV show and freeze a PIP of what is on the current TV channel and view the TIVO menu.
New TV do this feature with the aid of two tuners.

I think it would only be a minor software change. TIVO remote has the PIP button on it.

dirtypacman
06-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Most of what you asked can already be done by any current tivo.
You do need a TV capable of multipule inputs or a VCR in the mix but thats it.

The only thing that cannot be done is recording 2 live shows and switching back and forth on them.

steve614
06-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm thinking what cartoon kid is getting at is the Tivo unit doing the PIP with a TV that doesn't have PIP capabilities. I too would like this feature if possible. On to Tivo suggestions...!

MonkeyHouse98
06-27-2006, 02:00 AM
It sad that they include the 'window' button on the remote but they really can't do it. It would be nice to have the window be a mariad of things such as recordings, live tv, or guide and some other video. Perhaps this feature is close at hand.

classicsat
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
There could be an off chance new video decoder chips could do PIP.

DrewTivo
07-07-2006, 12:42 PM
It sad that they include the 'window' button on the remote but they really can't do it. It would be nice to have the window be a mariad of things such as recordings, live tv, or guide and some other video. Perhaps this feature is close at hand.

At a minimum it would be nice to have live tv remain while in the Tivo menu. Easily done with PIP--make it small in the corner, and then you can access the menus to, e.g., set up recordings, read messages, and so on. No need for a second tuner.

romeoz
07-08-2006, 06:02 PM