PDA

View Full Version : Weather Channel anchor showing nipple recorded by my DirecTiVo. Who do I complain to?

af250xxl
04-20-2006, 11:16 AM
The time now is 1103AM(EST).

I was just watching The Weather Channel on Ch. 362 on my DirecTiVo.
The anchor on the air right now is some woman called "Kelly Cass" and
she is clearly shwoing her nipples on the air. She probably doesn't realize
it but I can't belive the cameraman or the producer of the channel didn't
see it. She is wearing a loose collared shirt and clearly not wearing a bra.
When she turns, she occassionally reveals one of ther nipular region. :down:

Normally, I wouldn't mind this sort of stuff, accidentally or otherwise.
However, when I was watching The Weather Channel, I was with my
niece, her husband, and her young kids.(both boys) She covered their
eyes up and changed the channel. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Who should I complain to? DirecTV, Tivo, The Weather Channel, or the FCC?
(if so, which deparment handles the complaints?) Should I make a copy of
the video my DirecTiVo recorded and send it in?

Thank you very much for any information!

Miller6988
04-20-2006, 11:20 AM
You're kidding, right? Please say you're kidding. She covered their eyes? Would they even have noticed?

heySkippy
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Complain to the Weather Channel if you must. DTV has nothing to do with it and the FCC has no control over non-OTA television ... yet.

Even better, just ignore it. If parents don't make a big deal out of it, kids don't even notice. Last I checked, everybody has nipples.

SeanC
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Personally? I would say complain to no one, but that's just me.

lajohn27
04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Personally I think this is absolutely terrible. You shoudl save a clip of the offending footage on VHS and send it promptly to the mailing address of my office (I've PM'd you :) ) and I promise after reviewing the footage, I'll get right on this.

(Evil grin giggle)

J

Bob_Newhart
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
So, was it cold inside the studio?

dirtypacman
04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Complain to your relatives for not leaving early enough that you can enjoy your "News" programs :)

Jebberwocky!
04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I can't believe there have been no this thread is useless without pic..........

TomK
04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I looked and, yes indeed, a 'little' nippleage was evident, with 'little' being the key word. I'm sorry, but I wasn't offended. Violence on tv or stupid writing on a tv show may offend me but an attractive and well dressed woman on tv does not.

(edited to add the pictures)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/TomK2006/Snap1.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/TomK2006/Snap2.jpg

bigpuma
04-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Well that's it! I am now going to start recording the weather channel. :)

ebonovic
04-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Note to self... get another DVR to record Weather Channel 24/7

Seriously... If you want to complain, it is to the Weather Channel... as everyone getting the Weather Channel feed would have recieved the video footage.

danny7481
04-20-2006, 12:05 PM
personally, i dont see a big deal. and im sure the kids probably wont even notice.

JFriday
04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Send me the clip I'll report it to the proper authorities.

Guindalf
04-20-2006, 12:11 PM
If Tom's pics are evidence of the so-called "nipplage", I have only three words for the OP

GET......A.....LIFE!

To complain about a slight peak showing through a blouse is ridiculous! If you want your complaint to be a pin-up on every Customer Service cube in the land, go ahead and complain. I'm sure it'll even reach me in a recycled "forward this to 100 people" email about silly complaints!

Sad.

rstrambo
04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Now if she was shirtless.........

I would watch the TWC way more often.....

danny7481
04-20-2006, 12:22 PM

amen to that!!!!

doconeill
04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Perhaps the OP thinks its TiVo's or DirecTV's fault for recording it in the first place? :) Perhaps TWC should start adding TV-MA tags to certain segments?

Where is the automatic censoring?!? They have DVD players for that stuff now... :)

After looking at the pics, THAT was it? TWC and/or FCC aren't going to do a thing. After Jennifer Aniston on Friends, tiny bumps protruding through a shirt do NOT seem to matter nowadays. I see it on the streets all the time. And in a lot of cases, they ARE wearing bras - they just don't help in this case!

Martin Tupper
04-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I can't believe there have been no this thread is useless without pic..........
This thread was useless WITH pics...

That cannot be what the OP was complaining about.

Markman07
04-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Were those COLD fronts?

franknitty69
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
i remember when i was a kid, seeing tits on tv was priceless.

Dodge boy
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
if those pics are any indication...... sheeeees don't go to a public pool or beach.....

Edit to add comment..... maybe TWC should go high def. :p

The Bad Guy
04-20-2006, 01:09 PM

If the clips below are what you're complaining about, then I feel sorry for the children that have to be raised in such a up-tight enviroment.

Yes, by all means complain to the FCC about a erect nipple that you can't even really see.

Turtleboy
04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Ignore the other naysayers in this thread.

Obviously, you should complain to TiVo. It is TiVo's fault that this woman displayed her filthy dirty naughty parts. It is TiVo's responsibility. The FCC? DirectTV? Nothing to do with it. It's TiVo and TiVo alone.

Stupid hippies in this thread.

UR14Me
04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Kelly Cass?!? :(

Why couldn't it have been Stephanie Abrams? :D

UR14Me

ping
04-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Who should I complain to that I expected nipples in this thread but didn't see any?

etsolow
04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Seriously though, are those pics what we're complaining about here?

Cabinwood
04-20-2006, 01:31 PM
If those are the pictures, I can't believe that's what's being complained about :rolleyes:

askewed
04-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Dear Poster,

You're an ******* and a *****! I hope that your ******* *** ** a fire. Please jump *** ** a brid** and ******.

Regards,
Scott

DouglasPHill
04-20-2006, 02:02 PM
She's a babe, please send more pics. :D

Gunnyman
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Kristina Abernathy is Super Hot

dscott72
04-20-2006, 02:34 PM

Makes you want to have a naked Weather Channel. I would sign up.

But seriously, why are we complaining about this?

Guindalf
04-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that Dallas was having a bad storm at that time????

:D

ddobson
04-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I looked and, yes indeed, a 'little' nippleage was evident, with 'little' being the key word. I'm sorry, but I wasn't offended. Violence on tv or stupid writing on a tv show may offend me but an attractive and well dressed woman on tv does not.

(edited to add the pictures)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/TomK2006/Snap1.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/TomK2006/Snap2.jpg

Its not cold but severe weather that gets weather people excited......

rhuntington3
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Based on those pics, I wouldn't worry about it. There's much worse during the local news or during network prime time.

rhuntington3
04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that Dallas was having a bad storm at that time????

Yeah, it stormed here last night pretty good. Lots of lightning and wind. Some sporadic power outages.

doconeill
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM

The only people who would have cared probably couldn't watch due to rain fade... :)

Jestr40
04-20-2006, 05:27 PM
First of all and MOST important!!!!!
"Kristina Abernathy is Super Hot" =====> VERY TRUE!!!!

gamo62
04-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Apparently it was a bit nipply inside the studio.

Turtleboy
04-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Have you complained to TiVo yet? It is their fault you saw nipples on the weather channel.

Kablemodem
04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Shouldn't he contact the electric company? They supplied the power to his TV, without which he would never have been subjected to such objectionable content.

Turtleboy
04-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Shouldn't he contact the electric company? They supplied the power to his TV, without which he would never have been subjected to such objectionable content.

I tried contacting the electric company the other day by shouting out, "Hey You Guys!" but no one answered.

davecramer74
04-20-2006, 06:55 PM
dude, twc will laugh. I thought there was actual nip, like that ice skating pic. Gimme a break, hehe. its barely noticable. There are no laws against chicks nipping out on tv. Watch any primetime show, they are twice as worse. Hell, watch reruns of baywatch.

fliptheflop
04-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Flipping out over a hard nipple while the world around us crumbles...yeah that sounds about right.

gilberto
04-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Who should I complain to that I expected nipples in this thread but didn't see any?
As if this thread was not funny enough, the response above was hilarious. In fact, I echo that sentiment. Can we get a petition going in support of a formal complaint to the Board of Directors of All Weather Newscasters entitled: "Nipple Expectation Letdown"

herdfan
04-20-2006, 07:09 PM
There are no laws against chicks nipping out on tv. Watch any primetime show, they are twice as worse.
I thought we were go to actually see nipple. :(

As for primetime shows, there was a couple of pages on the Lost thread at AVS about Anna Lucia nipping out on Lost. They used the term "Midget Thumbs."

rock_doctor
04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
I was just watching The Weather Channel on Ch. 362 on my DirecTiVo. The anchor on the air right now is some woman called "Kelly Cass" and...

OK you convinced me its time to convert to an HD recorder and the new 110in projection TV.

:cool:

HomieG
04-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I guess the kids probably weren't breast fed.
If they were, though, complain to their mother.

kschauwe
04-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Cable channels will do anything for ratings. :up:

HomieG
04-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I guess there was a nip in (or on) the air :)

ttodd1
04-20-2006, 08:20 PM
If those nipples bothered you that much - DON"T LOOK DOWN!!!!! because you got some too.....

Uncle Briggs
04-20-2006, 08:35 PM

Thank you very much for any information!I'm sorry, but I do not believe one word of your story. Please send me a copy of the clip so that your credibility can be determined.:)

morgantown
04-20-2006, 08:59 PM
My goodness, she was not even smuggling grapes -- more like raisins. She is quite cute though.

heySkippy
04-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I declare this thread to be the winner.

Kablemodem
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I tried contacting the electric company the other day by shouting out, "Hey You Guys!" but no one answered.
Did they turn you on? Did they give you the power?

fliptheflop
04-20-2006, 09:51 PM
I called they said the hard nipples were ment to be that way. Its all apart of their plan to make you feel apart of the weather. Plus they told me they are hoping to hire Janet Jackson soon. Should be great.

Snowman
04-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Sue God for giving her nips in the first place. If you don't believe in God, sue yourself for proving that Darwin was wrong about everyone evolving.

dswallow
04-20-2006, 10:32 PM
<-- Gratuitous nipple for all those who had hoped to actually see one in this thread.

tigersfanjj
04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I say you should complain to the person that installed your system. It's his fault that you have The Weather Channel in the first place. :D

Jolly1
04-20-2006, 10:46 PM
"I guess one person can make a difference. But most of the time, they probably shouldn't." - Marge Simpson.

codespy
04-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Makes you want to have a naked Weather Channel. I would sign up.

They had naked news (forgot the name) daily on Playboy TV when I last subscribed a couple years ago. Has that been axed or not?

goony
04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
I probably shouldn't be posting this in a public forum, but the electric utilities have a little dark secret that if most of their customers found out there would be a riot and demands for refunds due to excess charges.

Well, the cat has to get let out of the bag sometime:

They are selling us recycled electrons!
(I hope they don't come after me now!)

SpacemanSpiff
04-21-2006, 04:06 AM
ACK! dswallow has a NAKED nipple in his avatar!

vstone
04-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Due to the bright lights required for tv cameras in the studio, temperatures are kept pretty low in some tv studios. So sue General Electric!

OTOT, the original poster of this thead apparently lives in the (figurative) dark.

Yog-Sothoth
04-21-2006, 09:56 AM
How long were you looking at her nipples before you decided to complain? Did you have to go back and play the footage over and over (and over)? How long did you pause? :D

Fish Man
04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi.

What is this.

Somebody had to say it. I'm still trying to decide if the OP was a joke!

Cute weathercaster though. :up: (And not the least bit innaproporately dressed.)

The_Geyser
04-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Robin Mead on Headline News is naked under her clothes! This is getting out of hand.

joeinma
04-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I hope the OP does not take her kids to the frozen food section of the supermarket in the summer, when goodness graious, some female shoppers may not be wearing a bra. What heathens!

If the OP was serious, what has this country come to?

newsposter
04-21-2006, 10:34 AM
I have no problem with the OP complaining as long as they have complained about the same offensive stuff in other shows their kids watch. I dont watch a lot of kids stuff but I have seen some stuff on disney channel where they teens where pretty revealing stuff. And I caught a saturday morning cartoon once....the little cartoon characters were definitely made out to be more 'attractive' than they needed to be.

You can complain about anything and that's respected by me..your freedom...just make sure you are consistent and report all similar circumstances to all TV stations. Also please report all instances where in public you see something like that by yelling at the woman or girl wearing the tight tops etc.

I should note i'm pretty sure they would have a WC dress code and i find it hard to believe she wasn't wearing a bra. Heck I knew at one bank they actually demanded in writing you wear bras AND panties!

Turtleboy
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I can't decide if the OP was serious or not.

There are certainly people out there who would be offended by that bit of headlights. Sad, but true.

But is there anyone out there stupid enough to think that the proper person to complain to would be Tivo or DirectTV?

trainman
04-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I say this is only a problem if she's standing on the right side of the national map and can accurately point to Seattle merely by turning her torso 90 degrees.

And even then, the problem would be that she'd be blocking much of the upper Midwest.

Mr2sday
04-21-2006, 02:30 PM
We haven't heard from the OP, but I'm sure that the offending screen shots were not the ones posted. The OP mentioned bending over and such.

Just to give the benefit of the doubt.

MurrayW
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM
I believe it is a joke...who would seriously use the phrase "nipular region"? The posted photos certainly do not support an exposed nipular region :D

Fish Man
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
We haven't heard from the OP, but I'm sure that the offending screen shots were not the ones posted. The OP mentioned bending over and such.

Just to give the benefit of the doubt.

Still, I'll believe that a female anchor on TWC was dressed in a way that would offend anyone but the most outrageously uptight prude only when I see it for myself.

IOW, Unless I see an actual screen shot, I have an awfully hard time believing that it was as offensive as the OP implies.

Also, I have a hard time believing that anyone would seriously ask if the correct party to complain to is "TiVo".

If I captured it on an RCA VCR should I complain to RCA?

If I saw it on a Sony TV should I complain to Sony?

It is this comment, more than anything that makes me suspect the OP was a joke, and we all got zoomed. :)

yaddayaddayadda
04-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Complain to God for giving you eyes. Or for giving her nipples.

DougF
04-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Obviously the OP has never watched "Friends".

MEngland
04-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Who should I complain to?
I think the OP asked a reasonable question. I would like to complain also, I've been recording TWC ever since the thread started have not seen any nipular regions. This seems unfair and I want to tell someone. Who do I complain to about this problem?

That was the complaint, not enough TWC nipular regions, right? I didn't read the post carefully before jumping to the pictures. Which were disappointing BTW.

Rkkeller
04-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't think the 2 images posted were what they were talking about. Also does anyone really expect them to comment here again after all this ??? :confused:

I watch the Phila channel 29 news at 5:30am and Dorothy Krishuk (SP?????) looks VERY hot at times. Also a few times wearing a low button shirt Keri Lee Halcut (SP????) showed off a little.

Probably some of the reason I still watch. :p

codespy
04-21-2006, 04:18 PM
You guys all fell for this. The OP probably works for TWC and was hired to get ratings for the show. One way is through the internet posting garbage like this.

Seems ratings have gone up just by this thread alone.

Tonedeaf
04-21-2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.geocities.com/vdubtx/VWPics/suidog.jpg

What a tool. OP, have you never been to a mall or outdoors for that matter? I see more slippage in an hour at Target than I have on TV. Come on, are you really that sensitive?

spanishannouncetable
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Since no one else has done this -

http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/worthless.gif

Sirshagg
04-21-2006, 06:40 PM
OMG! Most mannequins have WAY more nip than that.

Billy Bob Boy
04-21-2006, 06:51 PM
AH!! God bless the nipple bra!! It makes ya wonder dont it!! Is it real or is it memorex!! :D The Op will probably make the kids wait till their 21 before they can see a pg movie. Oh crap future serial killers being bread here. The human body??? Yuck its nasty and disgusting :p all people should have to wear long jeans and long sleeve shirts at the beach. Horrible how they show skin :p How in the world did baywatch get on the air. A horrible horrible sea of nipples. David hasslehoff should be ashamed of showing so much nipular area :eek:

Edited to add a real complaint: Why is it men can flaunt their nipples anyplace they want and women cant? Just because they are on hills? If I see beautifull flowers in the valley i want to see the flowers on the hills too! This isnt about boobs its hilluar discrimination. I wish society would stop discriminating against hills!!!! New law! Men wear your shirts AT ALL TIMES! Guess the rest of the new law! Let me tell ya i grew up in s fla and I am more outraged about big fat men wearing speedos and bigger boobs than most women. (they should be wearing the bras( or kramers the bro) or better yet banned from public view unless covered. :p :p ;)

cowboys2002
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't know what's worse, the fact that the picture isn't noticeable or that I actually clicked on this thread with interest.
:confused: :(

Steve O
04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I was with my niece, her husband, and her young kids.(both boys) She covered their eyes up and changed the channel.
And I know two boys who are very likely to grow up with sexual hang-ups and problems with women. The mother's reaction was sad and disturbing (why not just casually change the channel? The kids would have never noticed).

TWC made a mistake and you want to complain to the FCC? Really?!?!? I guess I find that far more bothersome than a couple of nipples could ever be. If you must, why not just write a brief message to TWC... "I think you might have made a mistake the other night and in the future you might want to ask your on-air talent to either wear a bra or to button up their shirts a little more." It's not worth making a federal case out of it... literally.

-Steve (quietly shaking his head in disbelief)

kbcrowe
04-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Your statement that his kids are gonna grow up to have problems with women because the Mother covered their eyes is as extreme as the OP's wanting to complain to the FCC.

Man, I click on a link about nipples and all I see is a bunch of nuts! :D

oldman
04-21-2006, 09:50 PM
I bet the guy that started this is from California..isnt that the communist state?

busyba
04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Kelly Cass is hot. Message me anytime.

tubedude
04-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Let's face it, recordable nipples are further endorsement of the unending marvel of TiVo!!
A question to the OP , if you press the replay button repeatable, would they jiggle??

busyba
04-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't think the 2 images posted were what they were talking about. Also does anyone really expect them to comment here again after all this ??? :confused:
"Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity." --Scott Adams (http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/2006/04/respecting_the_.html)

justapixel
04-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Funny post from a guy who was apparently once wondering about the cost of pron. (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3836766&&#post3836766)

Tonedeaf
04-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Funny post from a guy who was apparently once wondering about the cost of pron. (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3836766&&#post3836766)
Bwahaha, busted.

af250xxl
04-22-2006, 01:36 AM
You guys all fell for this. The OP probably works for TWC and was hired to get ratings for the show.

Bingo!

busyba
04-22-2006, 03:11 AM
You guys all fell for this. The OP probably works for TWC and was hired to get ratings for the show. Bingo!
Hmmmm, a false post, designed to direct readers to a commercial venture. Sounds like textbook spam to me....

And that's a violation of the TCF Terms of Service, isn't it JAP? Some "user administration" might be in order....

djdanska
04-22-2006, 04:55 AM
dude, twc will laugh. I thought there was actual nip, like that ice skating pic. Gimme a break, hehe. its barely noticable. There are no laws against chicks nipping out on tv. Watch any primetime show, they are twice as worse. Hell, watch reruns of baywatch.But that was supposed to be the one channel that they could watch without having to worry about the kids! Now the kids can only watch Channel 490.

HomieG
04-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Bingo!

Obviously doing a good job in their presentation over-the-air isn't good enough, so they have to stoop to means like these. Even so, pretty ridiculous post. But entertaining.

newsposter
04-22-2006, 01:58 PM

I watch the Phila channel 29 news at 5:30am and Dorothy Krishuk (SP?????) looks VERY hot at times. Also a few times wearing a low button shirt Keri Lee Halcut (SP????) showed off a little.

Probably some of the reason I still watch. :p

did you ever see dot from the neck down...i haven't watched lately but she looks sorta 'gauntly' if thats a word. As far as keri, she lost me when she chopped her hair...why women who have kids always do that is beyond me. Yea yea, maintenance shmaintenance.

leftstrat
04-22-2006, 03:35 PM

They may do that during sweeps week. :)

Tivortex
04-22-2006, 03:38 PM

Prude. (and Troll)

Mikkel_Knight
04-22-2006, 07:12 PM

Wow... you've got some pretty messed up priorities if you are this upset over this...

of all the things on television that you could get angry over, you've chosen poorly...

wes000
04-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Wow, if this true I would have to say " get a life". I would much rather complain to TWC regarding their forecast accuracy.

SanFranGun
04-23-2006, 12:09 AM
I examined the posted photos carefully. Kelly Cass was at least two shirt buttons short of the nipular region.

Steveknj
04-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Flipping out over a hard nipple while the world around us crumbles...yeah that sounds about right.

Hmmmm....I think we've seen that happen before :D

Steveknj
04-23-2006, 01:40 AM
I called they said the hard nipples were ment to be that way. Its all apart of their plan to make you feel apart of the weather. Plus they told me they are hoping to hire Janet Jackson soon. Should be great.

Sheesh, these channels will do ANYTHING for ratings now. What next, a hot blonde former night time soap star will start flirting with one of the male anchors and show some naked back?

Or maybe we'll get to see some of Kelly's talking minge?

Steveknj
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
I should note i'm pretty sure they would have a WC dress code and i find it hard to believe she wasn't wearing a bra. Heck I knew at one bank they actually demanded in writing you wear bras AND panties!

I'm not wearing a bra AND panties for no one no how!! Guess I won't be using THAT bank!!

gamo62
04-23-2006, 03:22 AM
But that was supposed to be the one channel that they could watch without having to worry about the kids! Now the kids can only watch Channel 490.

Worrying about the kids? It's JUST a nipple for Christ's sake!!! When was the last time a nipple killed anyone or got someone hooked on drugs? Or when was the last time a nipple drove drunk and killed a family of four? I seriously doubt if a nipple was to blame for that horrific bus crash in Mexico. Grow the hell up!

gamo62
04-23-2006, 03:24 AM
Wow, if this true I would have to say " get a life". I would much rather complain to TWC regarding their forecast accuracy.

What accuracy? I think I couyld stick my head out the window and do a better job. "There's a 20% chance of rain?' WTH is that? In my book, everything is 50-50. Every single day, either it rains, or it doesn't. 50%. Enough said.

justapixel
04-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Lots of smeeking going on in this thread.

If the guy is a shill for the weather channel, it is a violation and yep, he'll be gone.

justapixel
04-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Yep, a shill.

OP banned, thread closed. I guess they got all the publicity from us they wanted. Just mention a nipple, and you folks jump. ;)

Not deleting (yet) it so participants can see what is going on.