PDA

View Full Version : Is this Normal with Series 2 Tivo's?

brettatk
03-23-2006, 09:10 AM
I have been an owner of a Series 1 Tivo for about 5 years. Its been upgraded with 2 120 GB drives (Maxtor). I've never had a problem with it, and the menus are very fast as well as when I cycle through my Now Playing list.

Last week I bought a new Series 2 Tivo so I could take advantage of the Lifetime subscription before it ended. I upgraded it to a 300 GB drive (Samsung). I have noticed that it is significantly slower than my Series 1. When I go through my Now Playing list it takes a second or two to catch up each time I advance to a new screen of shows. Also navigating the menus are quite slower.

Is this normal behavior with Series 2 Tivo's? I havnt really noticed a problem with my recordings as of yet, but havnt been able to watch many shows this week. It's not really a problem, but it is bugging me. I guess I thought if anything, the Series 2 would be faster. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

brettatk

stevel
03-23-2006, 10:22 AM
It is normal for a new TiVo, of any kind, to be slow the first week or so while it completes background indexing. It will also be slower if your Now Showing or ToDo list gets very long, as it tends to after you've upgraded disk space. However, I suggest you wait a week and see how things are.