PDA

View Full Version : recording fails due to "unexpected conflict"

JonC24
03-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I have a Series 2, which I think is running 7.2.1.

A week ago Friday, I missed the season finales to Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica due to "an unexpected conflict with another program".

Does anyone know what this means?

I set them to record on the second showing (starting at 11:30pm), because I was recording other shows during the first showing. Instead of recording the shows I asked for, it recorded a season pass of Monk at 1am. Shouldn't individually requested shows take precedence over a season pass? Plus, this wouldn't explain why Stargate SG-1 at 11:30 pm wasn't recorded, even though Monk didn't start until 1 am. I've also done the same thing in previous weeks without a problem.

This happened at least once before (for a different show and time) which at the time I thought was because the TiVo needed to record its TeleWorld program. Will this take precedence over other scheduled programs?

Can anyone explain what happened?

(I was able to get all the shows from other sources, so fortunately I won't have to wait months until they are repeated.)

beejay
03-22-2006, 10:03 AM
It doesn't "need" to record TeleWorld, so I don't think that ever is the issue.

I have seen the "unexpected conflict" in the past. For me, as I recall, it had to do with having my disk nearly full, as if it had miscalculated how much space would be available and suddenly discovered there wasn't enough space to record what I wanted.

Is there any chance that was the issue for you?

JonC24
03-22-2006, 11:18 PM
There was plenty of free space, so I don't think that was the issue. In addition, after the three shows that did not get recorded, the TiVo did record plenty of other shows, without deleting any existing shows to make room (and I did not delete any, either).

HTH
03-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I have had recent changes not take. I've extended the padding of a show in progress and discovered it ending at the originally scheduled time with the timeline padded. When had you set those programs to record?

msilano
03-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Oddness with 7.2.2?

I missed Thief last night. I had set it to record the 11PM showing on FX. This overrode my recurring manual recording for the Daily Show (thanks Comedy Central for the inconsistent guide data....).

I just got the unexpected conflict last night at 11:00PM for Thief. Then at 11:04PM, I got the "Not recorded because it conflicted with a higher priority season pass or recording".

It DID record Jon Stewart.

Also, there was another "reboot in the night" as my 30-sec skip was disabled. It has been doing this since 7.2.2

Out of disk space? Nope, 240 hours or so on basic quality, about 100 items in my "Recently Deleted items" folder.

Bad drive? Maybe, but no consistent way to diagnose, unless I rip my Tivo apart.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike