PDA

View Full Version : DVR Detected a serious problem

mule
03-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi,
I did a few searches and came up empty (sorry if It was posted and I missed it) We were watching Stargate SG-1 and the Tivo froze, rebooted itself, and it is now on a green screen saying...

The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it. This will take about three hours. Please do not unplug or restart the DVR!. If you ahve a plasma TV or are concerned about image brun-in, you should turn off your TV for the next three hours. If, after three hours, the DVR does not restare, please call Customer Support.

I have never seen this before. The machine is a series 2 40 hour that I won from Tivo and it has not been hacked or anything. It is setup on my wireless network, but again, this is a first. Any inside info as I sit here hoping that it is OK?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

mule
03-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Phew... I am all set, after about an hour, it rebooted and all is fine. I just never saw it before.

Thanks again,
Keith

xnevergiveinx
03-19-2006, 12:51 AM
i'm guessing it was a green screen. it's known as the green screen of death.

if it happens again, it means your hard drive is getting ready to die

Alessan
03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Any way to get past this like the hold button then 57?

i'm guessing it was a green screen. it's known as the green screen of death.

if it happens again, it means your hard drive is getting ready to die

Blurayfan
03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Any way to get past this like the hold button then 57?
That code is one of the emergency codes that actually cause the green screen of death to appear, see here (http://69.28.82.116/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=10112421).

Alessan
03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
yeah mine is stuck in that greeen screen. I put in the original h/d that came with the tvio and all is ok. any way to put the original tivo drive and the one stuck in the green screen to copy some file to make it so it will not try to go to the green screen? I have about 30 shows I want off that drive.