PDA

View Full Version : TiVo Desktop corrupted PC

haluk
03-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I just installed Desktop on my XP Home....it seems to be working fine, transfers back and forth were ok...however, other programs (Excel, Word, Norton, etc) started running slow (2+ minutes to open the apps on a 3GHz with 768MB RAM)...I rebooted the machine and now, I can't even run any Windows utilities (msconfig: gives error, admin tools>computer management: gives error). Norton also crashes and I don't know what else is also messed up.

I uninstalled Desktop, and problems are still there. System restore to pre-Tivo Desktop installation won't work.

How and why did Desktop hose my system? (no other programs were installed, no virus/spyware problems either)...

any thoughts?

H

ksatterwhite
03-14-2006, 10:29 AM
I have the same problem with my PC. After I restart I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to and end "TivoServer". I can restart the server using Tivo Desktop and it seems to be fine. I haven't figured out what causes this either.

haluk
03-14-2006, 10:39 AM
before I uninstalled Desktop, I did exit the server and Ctrl-Alt-Del to end the beacon and unchecked 'Start Desktop when restarting Windows', then rebooted, yet still had issues...

since I've uninstalled Desktop and am still having this corruption, would reinstalling Desktop somehow replace some bad files? Highly doubtful, though....I'm going to have to try and repair Windows, which hopefully might help a bit...