PDA

View Full Version : which adapter to purchase?

twister_9686
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
After reading a lot of posting on wireless adapters I find myself still a bit confused and not sure which one to purchase.
I have a Series-2 240 v.7.2.1 TIVO. I also got a linksys 802.11b wireless router (BEFS11s4) in the next door room.
I was wondering if anyone could help me pick the right (best) adapter.

Also, can anyone explain to me what a wired-wireless (bridge) connection mean and if it works better than a wireless connection?

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards.

bsackamano
03-13-2006, 12:06 AM
After reading a lot of posting on wireless adapters I find myself still a bit confused and not sure which one to purchase.
I have a Series-2 240 v.7.2.1 TIVO. I also got a linksys 802.11b wireless router (BEFS11s4) in the next door room.
I was wondering if anyone could help me pick the right (best) adapter.

Also, can anyone explain to me what a wired-wireless (bridge) connection mean and if it works better than a wireless connection?

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards.

I don't know about the bridge connection, but I have the same box connected with a linksys wusb11 v2.8 wireless adapter. Apparently versions 2.6 and 3.0 work as well, but not 4.0. You can find these older versions on ebay by searching for "tivo wireless". Anyway, using TTG to transfer files to my PC, I get about 1GB/hr, or half real time.

twister_9686
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
hi. thank you so much for answering my question. I'm going to look for the same adaptor you have on ebay. have a good day.