PDA

View Full Version : New Sopranos March 12, I'm all giddy

Langree
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM
The promos look like this season is going to be fun!

If they weren't so expensive I'd buy the sets to watch prior to the premiere, I wonder if I could blockbuster them fast enough to be caught up.

JDHutt25
01-30-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm with you...watched the promo with much drool sliding from my mouth.

CharlieB
01-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I first read the thread title as "New Sopranos March 12, I'm all guinea". :D

Langree
01-30-2006, 01:46 PM
I first read the thread title as "New Sopranos March 12, I'm all guinea". :D

Did you just call me a pig?!

Just wait til I come back to visit Sac!

:p :p

CharlieB
01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Did you just call me a pig?!

Just wait til I come back to visit Sac!

:p :p

Nah, I called you a full-blooded Eye-Talian :p

Langree
01-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok, re-organized my BB queue, I have 6 weeks to turn over 21 disks, I can do this if I turn them around fast and BB does the same.

jrinck
01-30-2006, 02:08 PM
So is Adriana really dead?

Langree
01-30-2006, 02:10 PM
So is Adriana really dead?

yes

jrinck
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
yes

Is this spoiler going to be affirmed somehow in the new season?

JakeyB
01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Is this spoiler going to be affirmed somehow in the new season?
How is it not affirmed that she's dead? Do they mention her in the preview? It was quite clear they killed her after Christopher informed Tony she was cooperating with the FBI.

Lee L
01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I guess since they never showed the shot hitting her, some have wondered if there was a chance the writers left it open so that they could have had Paulie let her live out of compassion. I might buy into that myself if Joey had started tanking last year and been cancelled before they started shooting this season, but I really doubt it the way things played out.

I am jacked as well. I just hope the newly announced and tacked on 7th season of 8 shows does not make for some sloppy, slow episodes this season.

aindik
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
How is it not affirmed that she's dead?

We never saw a body

mrpantstm
01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
We never saw a body

We never saw the Russian's body either but that just got swept under the table I guess.

Langree
01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
I guess since they never showed the shot hitting her, some have wondered if there was a chance the writers left it open so that they could have had Paulie let her live out of compassion.

I don't even think this is plausible, Paulie is not going to risk himself or Tony by letting her live to tell what she knows.

aindik
01-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I guess since they never showed the shot hitting her, some have wondered if there was a chance the writers left it open so that they could have had Paulie let her live out of compassion.

I thought it was Sil, not Paulie

JDHutt25
01-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I thought it was Sil, not Paulie

Me too actually...

Lee L
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
You two are right, not sure what I was thinking. I never said it was plausible, it is just what some have speculated.

jrinck
01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
POSSIBILITY: Sil let Adriana live because he, too, is working for the feds. Sil didn't know Adriana was talking, but when he found out, he let her go, and the order to whack her was reported to the FBI for use against Tony.

aindik
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
POSSIBILITY: Sil let Adriana live because he, too, is working for the feds. Sil didn't know Adriana was talking, but when he found out, he let her go, and the order to whack her was reported to the FBI for use against Tony.

They can't have everyone on the show working for the feds or for New York. Paulie is already in with Johnny Sack if I remember correctly, and is angry with Tony. If Tony also loses Sil, after losing Pussy and (sorta) Paulie, and killing Ralphie, who does Tony have left? Christopher?

Not sure the above needed to be spoilered, as it's mostly just speculation. But I did it anyway.

jrinck
01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
They can't have everyone on the show working for the feds or for New York. Paulie is already in with Johnny Sack if I remember correctly, and is angry with Tony. If Tony also loses Sil, after losing Pussy and (sorta) Paulie, and killing Ralphie, who does Tony have left? Christopher?

Not sure the above needed to be spoilered, as it's mostly just speculation. But I did it anyway.

This is usually how mob bosses go out, though. Nobody with them at the very end except their driver and bodyguards.

TAsunder
01-30-2006, 05:06 PM
My cousin has a small part in a few episodes this season. So I'm looking forward to it more than ever. She wouldn't tell me if she gets whacked or not, too, so there is some suspense involved. The good news, for me anyway, is she's not a bada bing girl.

bidger
01-30-2006, 07:00 PM
They can't have everyone on the show working for the feds or for New York. Paulie is already in with Johnny Sack if I remember correctly, and is angry with Tony.
The relationship between Johnny and Paulie is ovah! Remember how Johnny used to say that he was talking up Paulie to his boss, Carmine? Paulie ran into Carmine at a mutual friends wedding and started talking to him and Carmine had no idea who Paulie was. That put an end to that relationship.

I'll probably order HBO for the HD channel on Feb. 27 and add a 250G HdD to my HR10-250 before that. I've been watching Season 2 lately and I'm ready for new eps!

Langree
02-22-2006, 11:26 PM

They just aired this episode tonight, no way she lived.

pmyers
02-23-2006, 09:05 AM
I can't wait. IIRC the last time a new episode was on was like June of 2004!

Guindalf
02-23-2006, 09:09 AM
They just aired this episode tonight, no way she lived.

Of course she's dead. That's why she even TOOK the role in Joey. It would be too unbelieveable if she was allowed to live.

ravonaf
02-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Do we really need all the spoiler tags. This was something that aired almost 2 years ago.

Guindalf
02-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Do we really need all the spoiler tags. This was something that aired almost 2 years ago.

Yes, because there is no spoiler tag on the title! If we were to post normally, SOMEONE would complain!!

ravonaf
02-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes, because there is no spoiler tag on the title! If we were to post normally, SOMEONE would complain!!

That's rediculous. There should be a statute of limitations on spoilers.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/12/05

Langree
02-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Fixed

Langree
02-23-2006, 12:11 PM
That's rediculous. There should be a statute of limitations on spoilers.

You'd be amazed.....

pmyers
02-23-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm really excited about AJ's new look in the previews. Will he become another rich punk (like in real life?) or pick up the reigns from his dad?

I'm also interested in seeing what happens with Tony and Carmella's relationship.

Langree
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm really excited about AJ's new look in the previews. Will he become another rich punk (like in real life?) or pick up the reigns from his dad?

I'm also interested in seeing what happens with Tony and Carmella's relationship.

Tony has always been adament that AJ not follow him into the life, look at what happened with Jackie Jr., but then again Jackie was being guided by Ralphie and his uncle, as well as Christopher(against Tony's wishes), not exactly stable role models in any life.

Tony was grooming Christopher to lead the family after him, but Chris is unstable, so I wouldn't be surprised if he starts grooming AJ.

cheerdude
02-23-2006, 01:01 PM
I've missed so much and don't remember much of what I saw (I know that it was some about Adriana talking to the Feds)... I wonder if I can jump back into this season.

Langree
02-23-2006, 01:03 PM
I've missed so much and don't remember much of what I saw (I know that it was some about Adriana talking to the Feds)... I wonder if I can jump back into this season.

You might try and catch the eps that HBO and HBO 2 are showing, they are running different episodes from dif seasons, so either wishlist them or set up multiple sp's.

Hersheytx
02-24-2006, 07:23 AM
HBO has pulled me back in...Just when I thought I was OUT!

LOL. I was planning on canceling HBO and going to a different movie package at the end of Feb. But then I saw the previews for Sapranos. Dang if I just have to see them. Oh well at least they will only be on for a few months. Then HBO will get the axe.....but then Inside the NFL will start up again...and I will be pulled back in!.....Doh.

Steveknj
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Of course she's dead. That's why she even TOOK the role in Joey. It would be too unbelieveable if she was allowed to live.

IIRC, when she took the part on Joey, David Chase was kind of coy about Adriana, that she was STILL a member of the cast. Of course that was before she got whacked. It was Sil who did the whacking, which is unusual since, I don't recall too many times he has done whacking on the show. I just don't think they wanted to show Adriana getting shot because she has always been a pretty popular character and a woman. I think a lot of the fandom supported what she did and how she really had no choice. So yes, I believe she's dead, but I think because the show does do flashbacks, we might see Adriana a few times during the season

Langree
02-24-2006, 01:10 PM
IIRC, when she took the part on Joey, David Chase was kind of coy about Adriana, that she was STILL a member of the cast. Of course that was before she got whacked. It was Sil who did the whacking, which is unusual since, I don't recall too many times he has done whacking on the show. I just don't think they wanted to show Adriana getting shot because she has always been a pretty popular character and a woman. I think a lot of the fandom supported what she did and how she really had no choice. So yes, I believe she's dead, but I think because the show does do flashbacks, we might see Adriana a few times during the season

The one other time I recall Sil being directly involved was with Big Pussy.

Come to think of it I don't think they've ever even had minor story lines regarding Sil.

Steveknj
02-24-2006, 01:28 PM
The one other time I recall Sil being directly involved was with Big Pussy.

Come to think of it I don't think they've ever even had minor story lines regarding Sil.

Sil being the consigliare, I don't think they are usually involved in whackings and the like. That is why it was so unusual for Sil to do this whacking. My guess is it was done that way to give Adriana a false sense of security, figuiring that she wouldn't suspect him of killing her, and if I recall, it really wasn't until they stopped in the woods that she realized what was going to happen.

Langree
02-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Sil being the consigliare, I don't think they are usually involved in whackings and the like. That is why it was so unusual for Sil to do this whacking. My guess is it was done that way to give Adriana a false sense of security, figuiring that she wouldn't suspect him of killing her, and if I recall, it really wasn't until they stopped in the woods that she realized what was going to happen.

Ya, when sil walked around the car reality hurt her hard.

FlugPoP
02-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I just turned HBO on and now Im catchin up on HBO2. Everyday @ 5pm PDT they have them on in order and now they are at the end of the 4th season. I can't wait, now that I have HD-Tivo I dont have to watch it live in HD anymore.

Havana Brown
02-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Nothing to see here, I just wanted to do a spoiler cause all the kewl kids are. :D

And what previews are y'all talking about? I've seen nothin'! :mad:

fluffie
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
excuse me but these aren't spoilers. these are speculations. but it sure is fun to highlight them like it's some big secret or something.

aindik
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
excuse me but these aren't spoilers. these are speculations. but it sure is fun to highlight them like it's some big secret or something.

Well, the fact that Sil took Adriana into the woods after finding out she was a snitch is a spoiler.

Whether or not she's actually dead is speculation, but its speculation that pretty directly references the spoiler above.

LlamaLarry
02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
When will HBO be playing the finale to last season? Or did I already miss it? It was so long ago I think at least a 1 episode refresher is in order.

pdhenry
02-24-2006, 08:26 PM
When will HBO be playing the finale to last season? Or did I already miss it? It was so long ago I think at least a 1 episode refresher is in order.I think it has come out on DVD - try BB? or Netflix?

USAFSSO
02-25-2006, 08:16 AM
When will HBO be playing the finale to last season? Or did I already miss it? It was so long ago I think at least a 1 episode refresher is in order.
LL

Last seasons finale airs this Sunday on HBO. Looks like there is a week off (oscar sun) then the new season starts the 12th.

LlamaLarry
02-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks, I was hoping that that was the plan.