PDA

View Full Version : Veronica Mars - Donut

sfenton
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
The Jan. 25th episode of Veronica Mars is called Donut Run and centers on Duncan.

I have seen people on this forum call him Donut.

Where did this name come from?

It seems like forever since we have had a new episode.

WinBear
01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Duncan = Dunkin Donuts - they're worth the trip

getbak
01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Duncan leads to calling him Duncan Donuts (Dunkin' Donuts), which leads to calling him Donut.

edc
01-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Duncan leads to calling him Duncan Donuts (Dunkin' Donuts), which leads to calling him Donut.

Lilly called him that in a flashback from the first season.

padmalinowski
01-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Lilly called him that in a flashback from the first season.I seriously thought that they pinched it from here! I've heard of shows responding to fan discussion, but I didn't think that was likely here.... It probably would help matters if I picked up the first season and watched it, huh? :o

etexlady
01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
My TIVO is not picking up a Jan 25th episode of VM?????

edc
01-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I seriously thought that they pinched it from here! I've heard of shows responding to fan discussion, but I didn't think that was likely here.... It probably would help matters if I picked up the first season and watched it, huh? :o

ep 1.03 "Meet John Smith"

http://www.twiztv.com/cgi-bin/veronicamars.cgi?episode=http://dmca.free.fr/scripts/veronica-mars/season1/veronicamars-103.htm

==
LILLY: And here’s the thing. The truth is gonna come out.

DUNCAN: What are you talking about?

LILLY: Clue in, donut. It doesn’t add up. You know that deep down inside. I wish you’d just admit it to yourself. Break out of your stupor. Wake up.
==

...and to answer your question, you should absolutely pick up or netflix Season 1 :)

JimSpence
01-19-2006, 03:42 PM
My TIVO is not picking up a Jan 25th episode of VM?????Mine hasn't either. But then, I don't have access to UPN from DirecTV. :) I use Dish's Superstation Pack and a DVD recorder.

Magnolia88
01-20-2006, 02:06 PM
The Jan. 25th episode of Veronica Mars is called Donut Run and centers on Duncan.

I saw the episode at the preview screening in Austin last weekend and it's very good imho. One of my favorite episodes so far this season, I think. Several minor characters return from last season and there is one big name guest star who is very entertaining.

As a funny aside about the "Donut" question, Rob Thomas said he uses sound clips from VM as his computer sounds, and for his "error" sound, he uses Lilly's quote of "Clue in, Donut!" from episode 1.03 "Meet John Smith."

It probably would help matters if I picked up the first season and watched it, huh?

I agree that you need to get the season one DVD pronto! I think you'd enjoy the show a lot more if you started from the beginning, even if you are already spoiled for the "whodunit" of Lilly's murder (which you must be if you've seen any episodes from season two). VM is very good at bringing back recurring characters and you won't have any idea who these people are if you haven't seen season one.

brimtoast
01-22-2006, 05:03 PM
My TIVO is not picking up a Jan 25th episode of VM?????

I've been reading that VM next week is getting pre-empted for various sports things in several cities. Seems like when that happens they sometimes show it later that night, and most places also rerun it sometime Saturday or Sunday, so you could catch it then if you're in one of the places where Wednesday's airing is getting messed up.