PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans - "Things Change" (Spoilers) Is that it?

SparkleMotion
01-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Odd for a new episode to run on a Monday afternoon...I figured Saturday's was the last, but this one clearly came after it, based on specific dialogue references.

Beast Boy finds Terra and can't get her to come back to herodom with him. This was meloncholy as hell and a very weak ending compared to the previous episode, which seemed to tie up MOST loose ends.

Is this really the final episode? Too bad. Evidence at epguides (http://epguides.com/TeenTitans/) seems to suggest it's at least the final episode of the season.

:( Didn't much care for the show at first, but I got used to the manga/anime quirks and thought the stories tended to get pretty good. Sad. :(

WinBear
01-18-2006, 11:50 AM
This definitely had a lot of "epilogue" feeling to it. I was really hoping there would be some tie in between the new "Amazo" type android and Terra's return and I was just completely stunned at how it ended. I was expecting there to be another scene with the rest of the Titans, Terra or no.

Bai Shen
01-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Odd for a new episode to run on a Monday afternoon...I figured Saturday's was the last, but this one clearly came after it, based on specific dialogue references.

Beast Boy finds Terra and can't get her to come back to herodom with him. This was meloncholy as hell and a very weak ending compared to the previous episode, which seemed to tie up MOST loose ends.

Is this really the final episode? Too bad. Evidence at epguides (http://epguides.com/TeenTitans/) seems to suggest it's at least the final episode of the season.

:( Didn't much care for the show at first, but I got used to the manga/anime quirks and thought the stories tended to get pretty good. Sad. :(

I think the whole Terra thing was to give it a reason to wait for next season, since they wrapped up the whole BoE storyline. Speaking of which, the BoE storyline went by really fast IMO.

And was it just me, or did Terra remember BB, but not want to deal with him an' the Titans? It seemed like she hadn't lost her memory, but jus' didn't want to deal with it.

Is there plans for another season?

Bai Shen
01-18-2006, 11:54 AM
This definitely had a lot of "epilogue" feeling to it. I was really hoping there would be some tie in between the new "Amazo" type android and Terra's return and I was just completely stunned at how it ended. I was expecting there to be another scene with the rest of the Titans, Terra or no.

Have to agree with ya there. It was kinda lame how the funky bad guy was jus' an excuse to have BB alone with Terra.

SparkleMotion
01-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Last I heard/read somewhere around here (it's in a thread I started about upcoming Justice League Unlimited episodes), the show has been canceled.

Bai Shen
01-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Last I heard/read somewhere around here (it's in a thread I started about upcoming Justice League Unlimited episodes), the show has been canceled.

Well, then this episode really sucks. They should have ended the season with the previous ep.

Speaking of cancelled shows, I jus' found out that Megas XLR was cancelled. :(

allan
01-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Total waste of time & Tivo space! I want to forget it ever happened! As far as I'm concerned, TT ended at the BoE finale.

WinBear
01-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Truly, the BoE finale made me feel they were setting up for a "Titans Unlimited" next season, so I'm kind of baffled by the bizarre epilogue.

cowboys2002
01-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't visit the talk section often, but I am surprised to find other adults who like the Teen Titans!!

SparkleMotion
01-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I hated it at first, but grew to like it very much. More for the writing and performances (which were often extremely good) than the animation style, but overall it did grow on me, to be sure.

WinBear
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
The hardest thing about this animation style was getting used to the scrawny Starfire after she was so voluptously drawn by George Perez for so long that she had the nickname "Balloon Bod."

SparkleMotion
01-18-2006, 03:01 PM
The hardest thing about this animation style was getting used to the scrawny Starfire after she was so voluptously drawn by George Perez for so long that she had the nickname "Balloon Bod."Agreed...they "youthanized" her from the CB Starfire of 19 or so down to about 13 or 14.

But I must admit, I got a kick out of her over-innocent approach to the character. :D

allan
01-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Most of the Titans looked more like children than teens, and some of the stories were overly juvenville, but some of the stories were very good. It was no JLU, but I usually enjoyed it.

pallen4215
01-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Wow, I love TT, more than my 4 year old son does. Did anyone notice that they included the army dude in the final boe ep? The dude that the military made into a super soldier and he blew up the town and turned into a hermit? The same guy Starfire took into outer space and the dude exploded... Found that strange.

Bai Shen
01-18-2006, 03:07 PM
BTW, for those of you who enjoyed Tara Strong as Raven, she's now voicing the main character Ben of Ben 10. Several other TT regulars are making appearances as well.

Bai Shen
01-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Wow, I love TT, more than my 4 year old son does. Did anyone notice that they included the army dude in the final boe ep? The dude that the military made into a super soldier and he blew up the town and turned into a hermit? The same guy Starfire took into outer space and the dude exploded... Found that strange.

Yeah, they did that with a lot of characters. There were several that shouldn't have been there.

The one I found amusing was the guy with the gutair who was only in the online short for their website. I never saw the short, but heard about him.

jfjellstad
01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
The one I found amusing was the guy with the gutair who was only in the online short for their website. I never saw the short, but heard about him.

Jericho, son of Deathstroke, the Terminator

stantonl
01-19-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm glad I'm the not the only person that thought that this was a weak ending. They should have scrapped this last ep.

kathysvideos
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Did anyone get "Titans Together" episode??? I completely missed it thru a mishap.

Disappointed,
Kathy

doom1701
01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm glad they replayed this on the weekend; while I understand the "Wha...that's it?" feeling, I thought it was a good episode. Good character story.

I just hope this isn't the end--while the "Tara" storyline introduced in this episode doesn't necessarily need an answer, I do enjoy the show. Not to mention that I've missed a few episodes the past two seasons, and CC has a nasty habit of not showing reruns after they cancel a series.

SparkleMotion
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I think they're in the midst of showing it weekday afternoons at the moment (one of their Japanese-themed programming blocs). IIRC, episodes from the first season were among those I noticed in the TiVo guide. :)