PDA

View Full Version : Smallville 1/12/2006 (S05E10) "Fanatic"

dswallow
01-12-2006, 09:04 PM
What a weak episode. And like right ... and the whole Lana storyline this episode is just, well, blah blechh.

JETarpon
01-13-2006, 12:02 AM
I'd post something about the episode, but there just wasn't enough there to post about. What a waste of 40 minutes.

dswallow
01-13-2006, 12:10 AM
I suppose there was one redeeming scene ... the "faster than a speeding bullet" part.

zordude
01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
New Smallville today? I need to have some words with my TiVo.

Z

dswallow
01-13-2006, 12:30 AM
New Smallville today? I need to have some words with my TiVo.

Z
Dear TiVo, I know you're looking out for me by trying to avoid recording schlocky episodes of the season passes I've configured. But I really must insist that you record them because, schlock or not, I have to watch this stuff so I can talk about it later online.

zordude
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Dear TiVo, I know you're looking out for me by trying to avoid recording schlocky episodes of the season passes I've configured. But I really must insist that you record them because, schlock or not, I have to watch this stuff so I can talk about it later online.

That sums it up quite nicely.

Z

JETarpon
01-13-2006, 08:14 AM
I suppose there was one redeeming scene ... the "faster than a speeding bullet" part.

Wasn't that the ONLY super-power scene in the whole show?

JDHutt25
01-13-2006, 08:31 AM
No, the chick had super baldness!

dtle
01-13-2006, 09:31 AM
I like the fact that it doesn't take a mutant Freak-of-the-Week, a mad scientist, nor a rich, powerful person to cause trouble.

And Lex does need to improve his security.

Do you think kids like Chloe and Clark actually know the phrase "Let your finger do the walking?" Do the phone companies still use that tagline?

MassD
01-13-2006, 09:36 AM
You know.... for a guy who runs a rather sketchy operation with as many enemies and as many secrets... Luthor sure doesn't seem to have a good security system at his mansion.

I mean, he supposedly has security everywhere, cameras, gates, all manners of stuff. And some bald psycho-chick gets in because she guessed his password correctly? People are sneaking into that office of his ALL the time.

ogden2k
01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I thought it was an ejoyable episode. I'm just glad the new eps are back!

TAsunder
01-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Uh... am I the only one who felt like they totally cheated in this episode? It seemed to me that Lois was preparing the gun before Johnathan Kent came out and began aiming and shot within about 10 seconds of the speech, which was not interrupted. Then in the "Actual" version it was completely different, with him being out there while they were duking it out and speaking much more extensively. Nevermind the really cheap trick of trying to make like it's ok for the first version to be missing a bunch of things between lois aiming and the gun firing.

JYoung
01-13-2006, 07:30 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(Snort), huh?
Oh yeah, the Fanatic episode. I kind of like the idea on Jonathan running for office but man was this episode boooooooorrrrrrrring.
Only thing I found moderately interesting was Chloe and Clark's pseudo discussion of "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex."
And yes, Lex's security is laughable.
Maybe I should watch it again........
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Warren
01-13-2006, 09:31 PM
we where thinking that lex needs to get a alert necklace like the guys at the EZ-mart. He keeps turning his back on people and getting knocked out. That girl had a funny shaped head. eeww

mrcoaster
01-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Lex's gal was a real psycho! He probably should have seen it coming though.

Am I the only one who still hopes each week that maybe THIS is the week Lana will die...much to my relief?

Kamakzie
01-14-2006, 12:11 AM
At least Lex finally commented on his piss poor security at the mansion!

dtle
01-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Uh... am I the only one who felt like they totally cheated in this episode? It seemed to me that Lois was preparing the gun before Johnathan Kent came out and began aiming and shot within about 10 seconds of the speech, which was not interrupted. Then in the "Actual" version it was completely different, with him being out there while they were duking it out and speaking much more extensively. Nevermind the really cheap trick of trying to make like it's ok for the first version to be missing a bunch of things between lois aiming and the gun firing.

I found it completely the opposite. When it with first shown, I was wondering what's taken Lois so long to pull the trigger. Why was she waiting for the speech to end before pulling the trigger.

Remember, when Lois was aiming, Jonathan was just gotten to the podium. And then we see the end of the speech, and then the bullet. Later, the whole speech was shown. I always assumed that his speech was going to be much longer.

GTO40
01-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Thank God for " FF ", although the Chloe/Clarke Scene was the only partially interesting sequence. At least, I stopped dosing off.

edrock200
01-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Question...I tag it just in case:

Does anyone know which episode someone is suppose to die in?

edc
01-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Question...I tag it just in case:

I assume you missed all those promos? :)

This was episode #98. Next is 99. Big things coincide with nice round numbers.

Does anyone know which episode someone is suppose to die in?

edrock200
01-15-2006, 11:43 PM
I assume you missed all those promos? :)

This was episode #98. Next is 99. Big things coincide with nice round numbers.

You mean the scenes from next week? It looked like that might be the one but those scenes also aired right before this episode aired, so I wasn't sure if they were "generic" scenes or next week scenes.

edc
01-16-2006, 09:16 AM
You mean the scenes from next week? It looked like that might be the one but those scenes also aired right before this episode aired, so I wasn't sure if they were "generic" scenes or next week scenes.

They made a "First few episodes back" trailer during the break, and have been running
that. The specific scenes you are thinking about are from episode 100 (a nice, round number), airing January 26th.

bobcarn
01-16-2006, 10:48 AM
OK, this wasn't a great episode, but it had in it the best conversation Clark ever had with someone. The whole conversation with Chloe, trying to skate around the issue of what might happen during sex, was priceless.

And face it, the funniest line EVER in the series was in this episode.
Chloe: "This officially cements me in as a krypto-hag" (being familiar with the concept of "fag-hag" helps).

DevdogAZ
01-17-2006, 04:17 PM
What happened at the very end? For some reason, my local WB affiliate was running a little behind and the TiVo cut off as Lionel pulled up in his car and Martha said, "Thank you for coming." Did they actually have a conversation or was that it?

I also watch every episode in hopes that Lana will buy the farm. Since we know someone is going to die, and since we know that Lana and Clark have had sex (when he was sans powers) and now he's wondering whether he can control himself, it would be perfect for them to kill her off before Clark has a chance to find out. Fingers are crossed.

edrock200
01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
They made a "First few episodes back" trailer during the break, and have been running
that. The specific scenes you are thinking about are from episode 100 (a nice, round number), airing January 26th.
Ahhh...gotcha, I'm a little slow. :)

Hoffer
01-18-2006, 05:32 AM
I'm curious what kind of health care plan the Kents have? They are in the hospital at least once every other episode or so. Usually they are there for extended stays. Maybe that's why they are always on the verge of losing the farm. Too many hospital bills.

aaronw
01-21-2006, 10:15 PM
What happened at the very end? For some reason, my local WB affiliate was running a little behind and the TiVo cut off as Lionel pulled up in his car and Martha said, "Thank you for coming." Did they actually have a conversation or was that it?

That was the end of the episode - the car just drove off with them in it.

IndyJones1023
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Wow, did that actress really shave her head?

Drewster
01-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow, did that actress really shave her head?
Sure looked like it to me. Could be a savvy investment toward future jobs.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1665603/

Rob Helmerichs
01-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Sure looked like it to me. Could be a savvy investment toward future jobs.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1665603/
"Hi, my name is Annie, and I'll do anything for even a small parr!"

jeff125va
01-23-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm curious what kind of health care plan the Kents have? They are in the hospital at least once every other episode or so. Usually they are there for extended stays. Maybe that's why they are always on the verge of losing the farm. Too many hospital bills.
They haven't been on the verge of losing the farm since Lex paid off their mortgage for them a couple years ago.

jeff125va
01-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I like the fact that it doesn't take a mutant Freak-of-the-Week, a mad scientist, nor a rich, powerful person to cause trouble.

And Lex does need to improve his security.

Do you think kids like Chloe and Clark actually know the phrase "Let your finger do the walking?" Do the phone companies still use that tagline?
It's always seemed like people just come and go as they please; I think he could improve it just by locking the doors.