PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Player

jilter
07-21-2004, 11:09 AM
I have the combo player/Tivo. Nice to know after the fact that Tivo will not support the machine at all. This had not occurred to me. It would have been a factor in buying (not buying) the machine. I can not even imagine trying to use Toshiba's customer service. Anyways...my problem is a perplexing one:

I have the unit hooked up to "EXT-1" on my t.v. Whenever we turn our Mits t.v off, it switched inputs to an unused one. This is with or without the remote.
Any suggestions? My t.v has been around quite a while and I have never seen it do this.

sharkster
07-21-2004, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know this - I had to call Toshiba once for help on mine (for something stoopid I did myself! d'oh!) and they were EXTREMELY knowledgeable and helpful.

JimSpence
07-21-2004, 12:41 PM
My Mits HD RPTV has a menu item where you assign which inputs are being used. And, my set always turns on to the input that was being used when turned off. Could you accidently by hitting the input select button on the remote just before turning it off? Or are you using a universal remote with macro capability and part of the macro is to switch to whatever input your TV is on?

dirtypacman
04-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a problem with your TV setup more than the Tivo....

Side note-- I have dealt with Toshiba Customer Service recently and 3 thumbs up!!!

Olde Fortran
04-24-2006, 02:56 PM
I Hope To Raise More Money And Build The Univesal Space Ship

I've already got one! You should work on the teleporter. I need one of those!

olouie
12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Toshiba Customer service for the SD-H400 is excellent. Sad to say Tivo's is not.

Tivo publishes service updates that will kill off the free basic service until you call them to get it fixed. (It just happened to be again for the 2nd time). Its not even that it happens, its the fact that if you call Tivo it will take literally hours to get someone to do anything. Even then they do no do much and just tell you they will find out what is going on and to call back.

I find it easier just to e-mail whoever is in charge directly. After wasting another 2 hours of my time today I posted on the forum so maybe I can see who can get something done.

gastrof
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
I have the combo player/Tivo. Nice to know after the fact that Tivo will not support the machine at all. This had not occurred to me. It would have been a factor in buying (not buying) the machine. I can not even imagine trying to use Toshiba's customer service. Anyways...my problem is a perplexing one:

I have the unit hooked up to "EXT-1" on my t.v. Whenever we turn our Mits t.v off, it switched inputs to an unused one. This is with or without the remote.
Any suggestions? My t.v has been around quite a while and I have never seen it do this.

If I understand right, you're saying that when you turn your TELEVISION off, your TV switches to an unused input so that it's no longer getting a feed from the TiVo when you turn it back on? So you have to...of all things...CHANGE CHANNELS...to get back to the TiVo feed?

I'm sorry, but that's not a TiVo problem.

If anything, it's a problem with your TV set.

Have you considered switching the TiVo to the input that the TV seems to prefer? That way when the TV first comes on, it'll be on the input the TV is hooked into? :rolleyes: