After weighing the pros and cons of cutting the cord with Cable, I found a deal I couldn't pass up to renew my Verizon FiOS contract, so I am sticking with cable for the next 3 years.
That meant it was time to finally upgrade from Premieres to Roamio/Minis.
I am keeping one Premiere as a back-up device, but the second is up for sale.
It is a 2-tuner Premiere which was upgraded to 2TB with Lifetime service on the box.
I also have a Stream that I no longer need with the Roamio Pro on the network.
Original box, remote and HDMI cable included.
I'm looking to get enough to pay for two Minis out of this deal, so I'm asking $350 shipped to your door.
Thanks for your consideration.
While TiVo focuses their resources on serving smaller and international television providers, as retail customers defect, the larger US cable and satellite companies continue to crank away on their own compelling in-house DVR services. Although DISH may have given up some ground in the Hopper’s ability to, you know, actually hop (over commercials) they just completed a nationwide software […]
I highly doubt it but I should ask anyway. I have quite a few shows I would like to transfer from my Phillips Series 1 to the new Romio Plus.
Having worked in a clean room before, I was slightly annoyed by this episode. A few clear strips on the door like you are walking into a grocery store freezer doesn't make a room a clean room. Will have to rewatch and try to ignore that part.
I have a dual tuner Tivo Premiere DVR with Product Lifetime Service for sale. It is stock, no upgrades, and in perfect working order. Will include power cord and remote of course.
In addition, I am selling a Tivo Stream, box opened but never used. I purchased it thinking I would get an iOS device, or wait for Android support. Well, I didn't get the iOS device, and waited a year for Android support.. By that time though, I had a Roamio Plus. :)
Only $325 for the entire package, shipping included. Payment by Paypal. I have a double box, with original packaging, all ready to ship.
Let me know if you have any questions. I already have the reference number that can be given to Tivo to transfer the system to your account.
PM if you have any questions, need pictures, etc.
Once a show is recorded, will a weaker signal (say around 65 to 75) and a 29SNR cause scrolling issues and playback issues?
Case in point: I recorded several shows and the Dolphins football game off the air last Sunday. Everything looks great. The picture is clear and locked. Supernatural never looked better.
Yet when I try to fast forward, I get most often, a frozen screen and something akin to the TiVo locking up. Can't go back, can't go forward. Less often, the screen will go black for 20 or so seconds, then start playing again. In all cases, I can hit the TiVo button to go back to the main screen. However, all shows do a little thinking before they start playing. As if the drive is not locked onto the data and is seeking.
The whole time the picture quality is the best ever. No visible digital noise. When compared to the Directv HR22 TiVo, the Roamio picture is far and away superior. All OTA no cable on the Roamio.
Who thinks it's the signal and who thinks it's the hard drive?
Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now.
I am surprised to find that I can't offload copy protected shows from my Roamio to my new Premiere. Is there a work around or no?
So, I need to set up a new place with Comcast, and they are pushing for a higher speed than their basic offering (3MB). I don't believe this is fast enough for netflix/amazon prime to be in HD. My question is, do they really throttle their service that tightly, or could I anticipate possibly having a faster connection in the real world. I may also use this for streaming (either to a tablet or with the new new Fire TV trick).
Thoughts? Real world experience?
Are we not getting weekly Arrow threads because the show is in its third season, or because that third season has been just a bit meh
? Either way, it seemed like the finale before the winter break had enough going on to warrant some discussion.
Like most of Arrow this season, I thought this episode had a mix of good and not-so-good, although the former was more prevalent than the latter. Starting with the not-so-good:
- I'm with Sepinwall that Oliver keeping his identity from Thea is an annoying contrivance at this point. The only reason he's doing it now is that the plot requires him to. I mean, every other character in the show except Captain Lance knows! And speaking of Captain Lance, now every other character in the show knows that Sara is dead except for him. There's no justification for keeping it from him at this point except, because. (It really seems like they could write Lance off at this point. He's had nothing to do so far this season and there isn't even the hint of an arc developing for him.)
- Actually, most of the Lance family drama stuff is boring. At the least, it doesn't play nearly as emotionally as the show seems to want it to.
- Thea's ridiculous fight with the Arrow doesn't make me optimistic about Katie Cassidy being able to take up the mantle of Black Canary. Willa Holland had all of one move to execute in that scene and she couldn't do it plausibly. Nothing about Katie Cassidy makes me think she'll be able to, either. The show had a plausible action actress in Caity Lotz and I think it's really going to end up missing her.
- I was a bit disappointed that Thea was under the influence when she killed Sara. I understand, I guess, that they need to keep Thea a plausible good character, despite her dalliance with Merlyn, so having her as his pawn achieves that and also makes him an even more effective villain. But it would have been more interesting if she had just killed Sara of her own volition, I think.
- The show has gotten as ridiculous as Alias in its regard for location and time. I really wish they would allow some scenes in the daytime, as it would make the time compression at least a little less ridiculous. For example, in the course of one evening, Oliver went from Verdant to Thea's apartment, back to Verdant, back to Thea's as the Arrow, back to Verdant to meet Malcolm, then to the secret location to demand to meet Ra's, then back to Verdant to pack, and then somehow got halfway around the world, or to wherever the secret mountain location was, to fight Ra's. Come on.
But to the good:
- The show continues to do action at a level above probably any other show on TV (or at least on network TV). Lots of exciting combat in this episode, and among multiple people at once. The stuntwork remains really good.
- Even thought I'd prefer that Thea had killed Sara outright, having her as the killer was a cool twist. I hadn't even considered it before this episode. Once Oliver's DNA turned up on the Arrow, I knew immediately it was Thea, which was a cool realization even though the show hadn't explicitly covered it yet.
- EBR continues to earn every dollar the show pays her. Half the scenes in this episode worked mainly because she was in them and playing Felicity just right. I especially liked Felicity knowing that she couldn't stop Oliver from taking on Ra's, and so she didn't try to talk him out of it. That was realistic and well-acted by both EBR and Stephen Amell.
- That ending! I was sure that Oliver would not kill Ra's, because it's only episode 9 and because DC would probably never agree to that. But I couldn't figure out how that fight was going to go, or at least end. Ra's wasn't going to be killed and he couldn't plausibly let Oliver live. A draw? Nope -- they went there.
- I suppose it's going to end up being eye-rolly how Oliver lives through that, but for now it stands as a genuine, holy crap! edge-of-your seat cliffhanger. I've seen some mild speculation online that Oliver actually is dead (or will die), and that the collection of heroes-in-training that have developed around him are going to take over the show (including perhaps Brandon Routh as Atom). Amell himself seems to be having some fun with that possibility, tweeting, "It's been a good run." I don't buy that for a moment, but congrats to the show for making it seem like at least a tiny possibility. Good stuff.
I have a mothballed Series 1 with Lifetime that I was considering digging out and giving to a friend that is OTA only. I had given up on it when I had problems dialing in with Vonage several years ago, and before the ATSC conversion.
Are these still usable in any fashion, with a converter box? Is it still possible to dial in on the modem and get program data, or are they all shut down?
Looking to purchase a mini. Is Fry's currently the best price @ $120 shipped?
Wow.... last night they were actually trending on Twitter. Great ending to a great season IMO.
I recently moved and without punching a hole in the wall's to pass a cat6 I fell back on the method I previously used to MRS stream TiVo to TiVo. I connected one of my DLink DAP-1522 wireless bridges. Granted it's connected on the 5Ghz band to my ASUS RT-AC66R router. There are no competing 5Ghz SSID's.
Streaming from the wirelessly connected TiVo both on my local network and OOH has worked flawlessly.
TiVo Stream can work with a wirelessly connected TiVo. Provided it has a good strong signal without competition for bandwidth from secondary SSID's. (Not counting that my tablet and phone connect via the 5Ghz band also.)
Would this work with a 2.4Ghz band connection, likely not because there are numerous overlapping outside SSID's competing for bandwidth.
I currently have 2 Tivo Premieres (TCD746320 - 2 Tuners each) and am considering utilizing the 10 year loyalty deal and switching to the Roamio Plus and a mini for my second TV. Both my Premieres are connected via MoCa.
Is it worth the extra money and hassle to sell the premieres for the newest Tivo/Mini? What are the Pro's and Con's I may be missing? Anyone made a similar switch and happy/unhappy?
More recording space (never fill up now)
Extra Tuner 5 vs 4 (assuming the Mini takes 1)
Newest software updates
Streaming to Mobile devices (Not sure I will use this often)
Hear "live tv" on the Mini has a lag
Cost ($400 in Premiere resale value vs. $700 Roamio/Mini Cost)
Appreciate the help! :)
Hey guys, hoping somebody here could help me narrow down my problem I am having so that I can get a better idea on what to do. I can get video of it if it helps but basically here is the problem:
Watching TV (doesn't matter what channel apparently) the screen will go black suddenly. Then about 5 seconds later, the Tivo bar at the bottom will show up followed a second or so later by the picture returning. Then it happens again. And again. I never had this problem for years with my Premiere, and for the first week of having this Roamio.
Signal strength is near perfect. Doesn't matter what channel it is on, SDV or not. I originally noticed it only on ESPN but apparently it is on every channel (I don't watch enough TV thus why I had delayed buying a Roamio for so long).
Anyone have any solutions? Bad DVR? Bad tuning adapter? Bad Cablecard? Those are my only options I believe. Both cablecard and tuning adapter are the same one I have always had.
Appreciate any help!
Believe it or not, I have a couple of the old DTV TIVO R-10s that still work fine. If I replaced them, would I still have access to the saved material once they are disconnected from DTV?
I'm not letting the installer take them since I paid for them full price back in the day at Best Buy or Circuit City (really can't remember).
Since I got my TiVo, every week this show has multiple, short audio dropouts.
Happens every single week. Is anyone else who records this show experiencing this issue? I wonder if it is a CBS issue or a Cox issue. How can it be a TiVo issue since it (mostly ) affects only this show.
Tulsa's Cox Cable recently (today) changed their HD channels to the 1000s (SD 02 now HD 1002) channels. They used to be in the 700s. Anyways, I cannot get the guide to recognize the new channel lineup. I restarted the start up guide but so far I all I get is the channel id under the date. Title not available/No information available and The guide just says "To be announced" The SD channels look BBAAAAD, and the few HD channels in the 700s have changed. Everything recorded today was black. I do have a channel adapter and the M card. Any ideas how to fix the problem?
That was absolute perfection! What a great move by Natalie and Baylor. Finally someone is actually playing this game. They not only got out their biggest threat, but he went home with the idol in his pocket to boot. Man, he must feel like an absolute fool.
You gotta give everyone credit. Missy said exactly what needed to be said in order to make Jon feel comfortable, and even Keith did his part to sell the con. It was picture perfect. :)