After much avoidance, I finally broke down and started watching Weeds. I am into Season 6 now, i think, and I have some observations:
1) whatever world they are living in is beyond ridiculous
2) Shane is batcrap crazy.
3) Nancy seems in a perpetual state of some sort of stupor
4) Is there anyone that doesn't smoke weed?
Monday and Tuesday night shows this week are both the performance shows because of the Pres debate Monday night.
I loved the Team dance to Call Me Maybe. It was awesome! Deserved a perfect 30 IMO. The other team is really going to have to bring it to tie or win. I'm not sure they are capable of it.
I do not get the love for Gilles' dance. I mean, I get the love for Gilles, but I thought the routine looked like a recycled version of Edyata's dances where the guy just mostly stands there. Did he look hot, yeah, but a good dance, I didn't think so.
I apologize ir this has been discussed but I haven't seen it. I recently pulled out an old HDVR2 receiver with the 3.1 software and was going to try to update to 6.4. A couple of questions. When I hooked it up it tries to gather info from the satellite but it never gets past 79%. I had it hooked up for several days and still 79%. Does anyone know if the satellite and 3.1 is even compatible anymore. Is it possible to use this unit without a new hard drive? If it is compatible will the 6.4 ever down load to the unit with 3.1 or does the unit have to have the 6.2 do upgrade?
Thanks for all the help I have received over the years.
I've had a Tivo for something like 10 years I think. My last was the XL HD. I went through 3 of them (previous posted this problem) as they all started to freeze after a day or two. Screen would go all kind of purple/yellow. I figured it was time to upgrade so I bought the lowest-end Premier as I don't need the features of the higher end ones.
1. The UI is extremely slow compared to my XL. I tried turning off some of the menu features like the live feeds from different channels, but it still shows the live feed in the RH corner for the channel I'm on and it's still dog slow. Is there any way to get back to just a list of my shows without the video window, which I'm assuming is causing the slowness?
2. Similar question for Netflix. It's not only horribly slow (as others have noted here), but also I can't find my shows without scrolling SLOWLY through the picture icons of each show. I just want a list of my shows like before.
I know my cable connection is good - usually 100% strength and my home computer connection screams.
Any thoughts or help appreciated.
I have learned some things from replacing my old Comcast set-top box and Series2 TiVo with a new TiVoPremierXL4 and Comcast-provided CableCard, and thought I'd share them.
The TiVo+Cablecard installation was relatively easy, tedious, and ultimately disappointing. I'm a tech professional, so take "easy" with a grain of salt.
Here's what went wrong:
1) Triple-play/Digital Premium Comcast subscribers may lose the "Digital Basic" channels (in Santa Cruz, CA, those between 34 and 65), including AMC, FX, USA, Comedy Central, A&E, CNN and other favorites. "Sons Of Anarchy" and "Daily Show" fans, take note!!!
The knowledgable Comcast tech who just left confirmed the TiVo tech support conclusion that our "Digital Basic" channels are actually broadcast as analog signals. The TiVo/Cablecard cannot receive analog, period. No matter what the nice ladies in the Philippines tell you, the local cable plant may be hybrid.
Assuming that's not a deal-breaker for you, or that you live someplace that all your "digital" channels are, in fact, digital... :)
2) The Comcast "self-activation" website took 3 days to detect my new TiVo/CableCard setup, so don't bother.
3) Do NOT call the number shown on the setup menu on the cable-card menu, or on the printed receipt for the cable-card; they're clueless. Call the 877-405-2298 hotline instead, and talk to the nice ladies in the Philippines call center.
4) Yes, you do need to cycle thru the "Test Channels" screens, pausing a few seconds on each, to figure out what actually got activated. A lost msg to the cable-card can cause some of your services to go missing.
As others have said elsewhere, the incidence of missed enablement signals seems pretty high, and if your box isn't authorized by the head-end, you do not see the channels, period. If they tell you to wait an hour, you're hosed. Pull out your cable-card, power-cycle the TiVo, reinsert the cable-card, and go thru the whole Guided Setup + call Comcast for activation again. In my case, I think I needed to do it 3 times to get past all my issues other than the one involving analog "digital" channels.
5) As hokey as it seems, the THX training clip shipped on the TiVo HDD was really useful in getting a great picture from our Toshiba LED display. Yes, you need to wear the funky glasses; just make sure your kids aren't in the room with their iPhones and posting pictures of you on FaceBook. :eek:
So, before buying a new TiVo Premium XL4 for use in Santa Cruz County, CA, make sure you're in a service area where these channels are broadcast as digital and not analog.
Only you can decide if simultaneous record is more valuable to you than the missing "Digital Basic" channels. For us, it's not; I'm off to the local service center to swap my 4-channel cable-card for a stand-alone HD cable box.
I am looking for the full video specs for a Galaxy S3. Screen size, FPS, etc. I want to setup a profile to convert videos using Handbrake.
Newegg has a 48 hour deal on the WD20EARX for $89 with promo code EMCJNHG26 with free shipping.
AmusingVideos.net is a place where we gather the funniest, amazing and amusing videos, movies and video clips from YouTube.com. Each user can add their own movies and comment on others' movies so get your account right now. Best of YouTube is waiting for you.
MONDAY – Third Presidential Debate – All Major Networks – 9PM If you have not caught the last two, this is an event that you definitely should not miss. The final 2012 Presidential Debate will be broadcasting live from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida. TUESDAY – Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 – ABC – 930PM The second season of one of the most overlooked sitcoms, starring Kristen Ritter (Jesse’s girlfriend from Season two of Breaking Bad), finally returns. This show had a strange premiere date (Spring Continue Reading
Hi, I just upgraded from my beloved Tivo HD to a new Tivo Premiere XL4. So far I really like all of the new features and options. I especially like the 4 tuners and huge amount of space. I love the new HD interface for the most part. It definitely could be faster and more fluid --- hopefully they'll keep improving it.
Here are a few issues or bugs I've found and I'm wondering if there are any ways to fix:
1) The Discovery Bar has options for selecting what content you want. When I first got my XL4, I unselected all of these options and the discovery bar went away completely (which I liked having the option of having it or not). Now, even if I UNSELECT every option it is still there. I think being able to disable this will help speed up the HD interface. Any help?
2) Blue circles next to MANY shows. For some reason I have solid blue circles next to movies and shows I selected to record. It was my understanding that the blue circle simply means it was TRANSFERRED from another Tivo. I did transfer a few shows but for some reason even shows I selected and recorded on the XL4 have a blue circle next to it. In the SD menus they don't have ANY circle next to them. Once I select "Keep until I delete" then the circles goto Green. Am I mis-understanding what the blue circles mean?
3) Tivo "sounds": I've grown to love the Tivo FF and 30 second skip sounds. I've changed the volume to low and they seem to only work when nothing else is playing. I use a surround sound reciever and I'm thinking that when Tivo has a surround sound program it omits these sounds. When I DON'T use surround sound I can hear my beloved noises again. I think my Tivo HD did this at times* but for the most part I remember mostly always hearing these noises when fast forwarding or skipping ahead.
Any help with any of these issues or bugs would be appreciated!
I subscribe to East and West coast network channels on DISH and use my DRT800 to record. Tonight my tivo messaged that it has deleted those channels. They are still there on dish but tivo wont tune to it since it says they dont exist. How do I get Tivo to replace them?
Short story: time warner will start charging $4 monthly for cable modem use, so I started looking for an alternative modem (to purchase) and found this Cisco modem that has it all...
So before I buy one, has anyone heard of, seen or used this?
Cisco Model DPC3827 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Residential Gateway with MoCA
Cisco - 4039760 - Dpc3827 Gw D3.0 8x4 Moca
Here's the user guide
I've been battling this problem for years with both my Tivo and now Windows Media Center. It seems Comcast is getting worse, not better. This must be a "secret" effort for them to continue their monopoly and control the TV recording market as well.
As of late, just about every channel and any show I try to record outside of broadcast local television is blocked by CCI flag. This occurs with analog cable and with the digital box. I recently raised a tech support issue with Comcast, but I don't think that will go anywhere. Also, when and if Comcast "fixes" this, it appears they are fixing only for people that spend lots of time to complain?
Definitely not fair, and how it is within Comcast's legal right to block all these channels from being recorded?
Just got Tivo Premier this week after cutting Directv and going with an indoor HD antenna. With limited channel selection, I have to rely on the web for some live programs. For example, MNF on ESPN. I can find some live streams of ESPN on the web and watch on my computer. However, is the a way to push these web streams to my Tivo for live viewing. I've seen threads mention pytivo and stream baby. Is that what those programs are for? At first glance, it seems these are pretty technical to install. Any recommendations?
I have a HD TiVo and it acts extremely strange for one Channel - CBS. I was sent a second TiVo to replace the first but the same effect happened. When trying to use the single speed Fast forward it does not work. This is seen easily with a football game, the game proceeds at the real time rate for a certain time then all of a sudden for about 1 second it speeds up then goes right back to real time speed. In effect all that happens by hitting single speed FF while watching CBS is the sound goes away.
This problem is seen on many TiVo's and with the two I had it did this regardless of using a cable provider or the over the air tuner. Do I have to hack the unit to figure out why this does this?
I'm going nuts trying to figure out the 30-minute cache on my HD.
Let's say I've paused the Tivo and after a while it's unpaused and I'm at the beginning of the 30 minute buffer. Let's also say it's 11:20 so I'm now watching the live stream from 10:50, and a new show started at 11:00.
I want the last 10 minutes of Show A, so I press record. However, I lose those 10 minutes and it starts at the beginning of Show B.
Other times I get the end of Show A and the whole 20 minutes of Show B.
And sometimes, I get much more than 30 minutes. Today, it was 11:40, so I was 40 minutes into an hour-long program and hit Record, figuring I'd miss the first 10 minutes. But BAM, I got not only the entire show, but the hour long show before it!
In summary: Sometimes I get less than a half hour, sometimes 30 minutes, and other times (rarely) up to an hour twenty! Is there any predictability and control to this? Suppose I always want the entire 30 minute buffer: is there a way to do that?
Have the new THR22 Tivo HD DVR. New problem just appeared today.
If I pause live TV, I can't get out of pause. I have to change channels to go back to live TV.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I am in need of an image for a tivo Premier Model TCD746320.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anybody catch the season premiere last week? We just caught up with it last night and I was totally cracking up. Very good episode, comparable to anything they did last year.
'My brood has poo'd.'
Dalia's discussion of what a nanny does for you was fantastic. 'If you're walking on the beach and there is only one set of footprints, it's because your nanny is carrying you...'
And some may think that the Shays are a bit extreme, but the scene with Ryan acting like a cat and Fred trying to spray him with the water bottle was killer.