Season premieres March 18 on ABC.
Here's a full list of the season 16 pairs announced Tuesday:
- Boxer Victor Ortiz and new pro Lindsay Arnold
- Singer Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough
- Country star Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani
- Soap star Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
- Disney Channel star Zendaya Coleman and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Comedian Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
- Reality star Lisa Vanderpump and new pro Gleb Savchenko
- Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas
- Olympic skater Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus
- Comedian D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke
- NFL star Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff
The comments over on ABC.com are, of course, full of comments from little whiners who say this is the worst cast ever, their favorite pros are missing, yada yada yada.
I for one am happy to see the new pros being stirred into the mix. The pros have their own careers, and I think it's good both for them and for the show if they are able to take some time off. If no one one had left the show since Season 1 or 2, then we wouldn't have seen Chelsie Hightower, because there wouldn't have been a place for her, you know?
Out of 11 people, I have four to root for (and one of them is in the holy crap, I can't believe it, jaw-dropping happy category), so I'm plenty happy. I guess that proves I'm an old fart, and shows why the babies are already whining WORST CAST EVER. :rolleyes: