Is anyone aware of a MPD client
that can be controlled from a Tivo?
I am enjoying this show.
The writer woman was an idiot. If all of a sudden everything I write comes true, then I start writing about a notorious spy/assassin, he's going to die at the end of my article :p
I am planning to buy a Premiere XL4 in the next weeks, potentially with lifetime subscription. My TV is already 3d-enabled, and I'd like to make sure that my Tivo investment is "future-proof" for 3d content coming from the cable card tuner(I'm on Comcast) or from apps such as Netflix. Is the XL4 technically capable of doing this?
I saw an earlier post titled "Comcast adds TiVo Series 3, Premiere boxes to the 3D compatible list", but I'm not sure how much it applies. I would post the link, except I'm not allowed yet.
First, am I reading the Tivo website correctly--that in order to enable a TIVO Premiere XL4 to run on Moca with Comcast, I just have to plug an active ethernet connection and a coax cable into my XL4?
Second, is it the consensus that Moca is the best way to run the Tivo Premiere? Fastest connection, etc?
What is the best commercial cut software, free and paid?
OMG, that Bollywood number was a soggy mess. I mean, it was okay given the rehearsal time they had, but ugh.
I'm only at the halfway mark, but Louis and Sabrina's disco is my favorite so far.
Edited to add: Gilles and Peta were waaay over marked.
Favorite dances at the 1:33 mark (not in any order)
We'll see what happens next.
I am considering ditching my Comcast Motorola DVR's to purchase an Elite XL4 for my Great Room & probably an inexpensive 2 tuner Premiere for my Master Bedroom or the IP set top box when available. I did the 30 day trial 2 years ago & ended up sending back my Premiere & cancelling my service. I was hoping somethings have changed since then & I'd like to get some real world unbiased answers from current owners if you don't mind.
1) Menu Screens: Has the responsiveness of the menu screens improved, specifically in HD menu mode? I remember the HD menus lagged & were incomplete (mixed HD & SD menus) & the SD menus were not as up to date graphically but were more responsive. Have they enabled the second core on the dual core processor on all of the premieres via an update yet? I would think that this would have made a difference.
2) Screen Saver: Unless I missed something I was shocked to find out that my Motorola box has a screen saver & Tivo did not. Major over sight in my opinion, sometimes I get up for a break & don't want image retention on my Pioneer PRO-141FD. I hope this has been addressed?
3) Caller ID: Not a deal breaker but a nice feature that my previous DIRECTV DVR & current Comcast DVR have that I find a nice feature. I can't see why they couldn't enable this since they can connect via phone line with an adapter of course.
4) Whole Home DVR: Overall how well does the streaming (not transferring) from box to box work on a wired ethernet connection? I would use the XL4 to record all of my shows & stream them to a 2 tuner Premiere in my bedroom. I am not concerned with transferring or even recording, just access to the main library & pause, rewind, etc functions of live TV. I have heard a little bit about the rumored IP box that is coming soon. It sounds interesting but I am not sure if it is worth losing a tuner on the XL4. Especially if they have a monthly service charge for the new IP box. I am assuming this IP box can only access recordings & not live TV? And if so will it pause & rewind, etc live TV?
5) IP Control: I will be using this with the Roomie Remote app & was wondering if anyone can comment on how responsive the Tivo is to IP control? If anyone here is using Roomie or another form of IP control (iRule, Crestron, Control4 , etc) with a Premiere please share your experience.
6) Bugs & Issues: I had problems with my premiere locking up & had to unplug it sometimes. Has this improved &/or are there any other issues or bugs that my pop up that I should be aware of ahead of time?
Thank you in advance,
For kicks, when do you think the TiVo Mini will actually hit the consumer market? (poll above)
This was actually a fairly good episode, until they stupidly decided to go after the bomb on the train instead of freeing Danny. The explosion would have taken out the engine, but I doubt it would have take out the passenger cars. At worst the train would derail, but that's survivable. If Miles and Charlie had went after Danny it would also be a non-issue.
It's a shame because the episode gave us trains, bikes and cars pulled by oxen. Pretty much everything people were complaining about and then they had to go and make Miles stupid. Charlie I could understand, but Miles is ex-military. It was simply a bad tactic.
At least they have the captain a back story and the twist with his son was nice.
Are there no sources for residential customers to purchase new cable cards?
On Ebay I see plenty of used, Scientific Atlanta and Motorola M-cards but no new cards.
Scouring the net I have been unable to find a source for purchasing new cable cards.
This is assuming for example that once paired with the tivo Comcast can still activate a privately owned card and hit it with an encrypted signal.
Having a problem with my stream when downloading. If I select a 1 hour show and the lower quality it gives me a filesize of ~600mb and an estimate of 9 mins. When I start the transfer it changes the estimate to ~30 mins and proceeds very slowly. Now my wireless network may not be the fastest, but I can easily get 15mbps on the same phone I'm trying to use for the download (which should mean I can download 600mb in under 6 mins). What's even weirder is that at some point it just gives up, but marks the transfer as successful. So now I have a ~400mb file which gets a little over half way through the show and stops (not the greatest error handling!).
The streaming option works great and I've never seen any stuttering or obvious network issues when using it. The TiVos are all wired cat5/moca and the wireless is a multi-AP 802.11n setup.
Suggestions greatly appreciated!
I opened up my videos Today. I have 4 files $ibtufzm, $IQIL332I,$RBTUFZM and IZSHQIG. They not on my coputer for the tivo. I tried to play them but when I click play a screen comes stating that it it is copy protected. Does any one know what these files are and how do you delete them?
My tivo still works great with my antenna but the cable card, although activated just shows black screen. Anyone ave any ah-ha moments to share?
Wowzers, I now know more about Gyp than I really wanted to know! :D
There was a lot going on this episode, and a lot of it was really well done. What was up with Gillian, does she really think Jimmy is alive?
Loved Van Whatshisname's "wife" and her English lessons and particularly her defense of her husband. She's a keeper!
I never watch this show twice, but I might this week.
have had Comcast out with over 6 Motorola CC's
channels are checked, service is activated for full digital HD with all premium channels
In the past my older Series 3 with 2 cable cards was working fine recieving full premium with HD... when it died I turned in the those CC's, kind of kicking myself now, but there was no way to forsee this problem
I have had Tivo CSR on 3 way with Comcast CSRs and they still cant get this working
Tivo says it appears the CC's arent activated properly, Comcast says they arent sure how to
The Comcast installers here seem to have zero knowledge when it comes to CC's, any ideas?
MONDAY – 2 Broke Girls – 9PM – CBS Now in its second season, CBS’s sitcom, from the executive producer of Sex and the City and nominated for three 2012 Emmys, follows the unlikely friendship between, well, 2 broke girls trying to make it in NYC. Roommates Max and Caroline attempt to raise enough money to open a cupcake business in Williamsburg (Brooklyn). If you haven’t watched an episode yet, this might just be the perfect time – tonight’s episode is called “And the Cupcake Wars.” TUESDAY – Presidential Debate – Continue Reading
I have a tivo premiere, upgraded from Tivo HD.
I do have an external hard drive.
My Tivo Premiere doesn't seem to pixelate. Back when I was in CT, I had that issue. I ended up solving it on my own with the attenuator. So I move to Colorado.
Certain shows, and not always the same place, the show freezes/stutters/ Rarely if any pixelzation. Then the system reboots. Happened last night while trying to watch Boardwalk Empre and recording Once upon a time (thank god for Xfinity on Demand)
So I already have the attenuator in there. The Tivo person wants me to recheck the signal strength. I'm wonder if thats a rabbit whole. Like even if the signal is a little off - WTF, it doesn't mean my premiere should reboot (that never happened to the HD).
Has the above happened to you on a premiere? Bad signal . .might try kickstart54 tongiht too
No thread yet?
Man at the beginning when Saul was getting searched in the airport and they took the memory card, I thought, "Oh great, this is going to go in circles" But now at least two people know about it.
Why didn't Brody just say he wouldn't go get that guy? He has leverage with the terrorists now since he is in a high up political position. Why would they have him do anything to compromise that?
It's been said in many threads before but man, Claire Danes can play one convincing crazy woman.
Now I know how to jack up a car if the jack isn't present as long as I can find some split firewood on the side of the road.
Is the Tivo.com website down? I can't access it and my Premiere can't connect.
Kinda sucks to be Corky about now.