So I'm on the fence on buying the Roamio Pro. There are a lot of things to like, but quite a few things I'm disappointed aren't yet available. Here's my list of good, bad and unknown. Please add to it as you see fit.
- New hardware should be much faster
- 6 tuners
- Updated interface
- Built-in streaming capability
- Built-in Wi-Fi support (which I don't use)
- Streaming not available, yet
- Android streaming support not available, yet
- Windows PC streaming support not available, and no signs of it in the future
- $600 (ouch) + $400 lifetime service (ouch) = $1000 (double ouch)
- No THX certification?
- Will 6 channel support work with Time Warner tuning adapter in Raleigh, NC? It's unclear how many channels the tuning adapters support.
- Will streaming be supported for Time Warner cable channels? Currently with my Premiere I can only download over-the-air channels to the TiVo Desktop. The other channels are copyright protected.
- No Sirius XM streaming capability? (this would be a really nice addition)
What am I missing from these lists?
I'm also disappointed that TiVo won't offer better pricing for long time TiVo customers or the ability to transfer lifetime service. I've been a customer since the first 14 and 30 hour TiVo Series 1. I still own 4 TiVos, including 3 Series 2s and 1 Premiere. I know they've got to make money, but it's still disappointing.