It's a Frozen/Fantasia
mash-up! I've got a recap of the key episode points on my blog
, along with the following observations:
* I'm not sure simply erasing himself from the tape is going to work for Gold; after all, Hook doesn't have magical powers, so how would he be able to manipulate a glowing hat into sucking up the apprentice?
* I loved it when Hook arrived to pick Emma up for their date, showing off his restored hand subtly, and when Emma noticed, she asked, "So what do I call you now, Captain Hand?"
* There's apparently a strong divide between "Once Upon a Time" fans over whether the romance between Emma and Hook is a good thing. I find Hook far more interesting than Emma's past suitors (Sheriff Graham and Neal/Baelfire).
* Again, Snow White and David/Charming didn't have much to do in this episode, other than be the protective/curious parents seeing their (adult) daughter go on a date. David did correctly point out that they never got to see go to her prom. It seems the writers have also run out of things to do with Snow and David, so they are fading into the background. Strangely, though, Regina/Evil Queen didn't have much to do in this episode either.
* This was definitely a Gold-centric episode, and he is returning to full morally questionable form. The scenes between Gold and Hook crackled with subtle malevolence, and both actors really shined in portraying the clear shift of power as it gradually dawned on Hook how easily Gold had manipulated him completely into a dead-end.