We have just authorized the first 2,000 TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini customers from the priority list (http://tivo.com/priority
) to receive the 20.4.6 software update. Additional groups of customers (including TiVo Premiere signups) will be updated AFTER the Superbowl. (So, if you dont get it today, you will get it next week.)
The big news this release is that OnePass replaces Season Pass, and puts links to streaming videos into My Shows so you can watch every episode -- recorded or not. I previously posted detailed information about OnePass functionality here:
I know some people are worried about the change that prohibits getting more than one OnePass for a show. Continuing to allow this added a lot of complication as we made the changes to support streaming video options. OnePass will let you record on all channels or one specific channel. If you were using two Season Passes so that you could have different recording options on different channels, here are some things you might consider:
1. Get the OnePass for All Channels, and either mark the important episodes Keep Until I Delete after they record, or delete the ones you dont care about.
2. Get the OnePass for the channel you really care about. Turn Suggestions On, and give the show 3 thumbs up. Any episodes that record on other channels (as Suggestions) will show up in your OnePass folder. You can watch the episodes, mark them keep longer, or let them come and go as disk space is needed.
Here are some other changes in the release:
- Ability to add a link to a streaming movie and have it appear in the Streaming Movies folder in My Shows
- Updated Amazon Instant Video app (with Amazon Prime) will be available on TiVo Premiere boxes
- If you are running the 3.5 version of the TiVo app for iOS, you will be able to move shows that were recorded on your DVR from copy-protected channels. (Once the download has been completed, the original recording will be deleted from your DVR. Downloads must be initiated while on your home network.)
- New Power Saving options for TiVo Roamio boxes (Settings > Devices). There are multiple options available. For the biggest power savings the box will wake up for user-scheduled recordings, and will only record suggestions during the awake period. For somewhat less power savings the box will wake up to record suggestions.
- Three additional screens are now available in HD Menus style: Set Up a Manual Recording, Find by Time, and Find by Channel. They are located under TiVo Central > Manage Recordings & OnePass.
- Amazon Instant Video now appears alongside other apps in My Shows
- Fixed the issue where some Mini customers would see a V87 error when they tried to watch an episode that was still recording on the DVR
- Fixed an issue where some customers would see a blue spinning circle when trying to create or update a Season Pass (now OnePass)
- Fixed an issue where duplicate recordings were happening when a user deleted a single episode from a Season Pass (now OnePass) and created a manual recording instead
- Fixed a problem where modifying a Season Pass in SD menus would set it to record on all channels"
For those not on the priority list, I expect the full rollout to be complete by the end of February.
Up Next: Our 2015 Spring release will make VUDU available on Premiere boxes.