Discussion through episode 4
Discussion up to episode 2
Let the awesomeness begin!
I have a S2 Samsung SIR-S4120R
that I want to put on Craigslist but first I want to reset it. I don't have DirecTV service now and my TiVo is a Roamio. The Sammy is working fine and I saved a few movies that were recorded to a DVR.
The thing is, I don't have the OEM Sammy remote (it was an open-box model) and I used a One For All universal remote, either the URC-6131nw or URC-8910. I used to have an old DTV peanut remote but that is now gone. I plan to sell the URC-6131nw with the Sammy.
Are there any codes that I can use with either OFA remote for the 3 thumbs down Reset command? Can the 6131 learn the thumbs down from my current Roamio peanut remote?
For those interested in trying out a new app:
nasflix is a Opera TV Store application designed specifically for the TiVo Roamio & TiVo Mini to allow streaming of movies and videos from a network-attached storage (NAS) device.
The server for this app must be installed on a Windows computer accessible on your local network and configured to point to your backup folder(s). The server is a Java application with an embedded Jetty server that uses ffmpeg to stream Blu Ray and DVD main movie backups. The .bat file to start the server will log the address to enter for the opera tv store app.
Here is some more background on the app for those interested in trying it out:
1. The opera app store does not allow AJAX calls, images, JS, or CSS to load from an IP address on the local network. The Web Socket protocol and HTML video tag do not have the same restriction. This allows the application to load data over Web Sockets and stream video using the video tag over a local network.
2. The video is streamed using fragmented mp4. This allows most recent Blu Rays encoded in h264 to be streamed without transcoding the video. Audio is always transcoded in 5.1 at the most.
3. When video is not transcoded, ffmpeg does not correctly skip to specific spots in the video for some backups. This is really annoying when trying to resume a movie or skip ahead. I'm not sure there is much I can do about this at the moment. If you care less about video quality and more about functionality, you can set the configuration as noted on the web site to always transcode video.
4. Streaming assumes the backup is the main movie only with main audio only. If subtitles are on the backup, transcoding will be used to display the subtitles correctly. If you want to disable subtitles to get the best video quality, you can set com.nasflix.transcode.subtitles=false in the server config file.
5. The Opera app store relies on settings that TiVo applies to define how memory is handled. When the app was originally created about this time last year, TiVo Roamio and mini would crash about an hour into HD video playback. This was resolved in updates over the summer, but 20.4.6 broke it. I contacted TiVo Support but they do not have an ETA for a fix. I'm not sure what has changed, but 20.4.7 does not resolve the issue. This only happens for Blu Ray streaming and at about an hour into the movie. I assume there is some type of memory leak or something going on.
6. The app should be showing up for TiVo Roamio and TiVo mini v2 devices as of April 1st. I'm still working with Opera and TiVo to find out why it is not showing up for TiVo mini v1.
7. It took over 3 months just to get Opera and TiVo to approve the app and have it kind of show up in the app store. Depending how the TiVo Plex app turns out, I may or may not continue to maintain this due to how painful the process is and how buggy the app store can be.
8. The FF/RWD and CH UP/DOWN can be used to skip around the movie. The pause button will stop the movie and persist the option to resume.
9. The server uses a folder.jpg and movie.info file under each backup folder to display the cover image and get details for the movie. There are better ways to get this data, but that is the way I coded it for now due to my use of xbmc over the past several years.
10. More information is available at nasflix.com.
If you try the app out and have questions, I will try to answer them here.
I will be moving and changing providers. I will be going from twc to fios. I was wondering if I could keep my recordings. Does anyone know? Thank You
I am not new to Tivo but have only had my new Roamio for a few days. I was surprised that during a good portion of the show Survivor, the picture was breaking up regularly. Has anyone had problems with recording quality?
Also, my Tivo is recording non stop in Tivo Suggestions. It is literally never at rest. I have 26 new shows and movies in Tivo suggestions in the last 12 hours. Can someone tell me how to make this stop? Not only are they not relevant but I would like the option to record something, not have my Tivo deciding what to use my memory on.
Thanks for any help in advance!
We all know about original content from Netflix and Amazon but can we make a list of other shows housed at non-typical sources?
Playstation Plus has an original series called Powers
which is based on the comic book with the same name.
Yahoo! is producing an original show called Other Space
. It starts April 14, 2015.
I want to lube it. I've read about what to use. My question is can I remove it from the outside, I see the screws there, or, do I have to open the box?
No problem opening the box, but that will take longer and I'll have to plan a time window for doing it. Thanks.
I'm having issues with my TiVo Roamio OTA. One of my local stations (the local Fox network) frequently displays distortion and audio drop-outs. About every six seconds a pixelated horizontal rectangle appears in a random spot on the screen and the audio cuts out. Using the TiVo's signal tester, I get between 67 and 72 on the signal strength scale -- a green bar. Shouldn't that be a sufficient signal for clear reception?
I called TiVo support, who recommended I purchase a signal booster. I already set up an RCA ANT751 antenna in the attic and live in a metropolitan area. I would think that'd be enough without a booster.
Does this sound like a booster would solve my reception problem, and if so, can anyone recommend a specific model?
I recently got a Roamio Plus and two Minis. My house is already set up with a number of Powerline 500s (using a combination of D-Link and ZyXEL units). So far, the Minis are working great using Ethernet over Powerline.
Does anyone else here use Powerline successfully?
I tried using MoCA, but it doesn't work at all. The Roamio shows that the Link is Down. I contacted Tivo Support and they say that because the Roamio is also connected via EoP, that MoCa won't work -- I need to connect the Roamio DIRECTLY to the router.
In order for me to do that, I will need to get a splitter and put it near the TV, then move the router. And from what I hear, install a POE filter. I'm pretty sure Comcast will give me a splitter, but not sure if they have the POE filters, so I would likely need to buy one.
I'd be kind of annoyed if I move my router and MoCa still didn't work (basically Tivo Support wouldn't give me the time of day because I was using Powerline).
I would like to know if it will be worth the hassle to TRY and get Moca working since I'm doing OK with Powerline. Anyone?
Kind of a filler episode. Hopefully they will move the main story further along in the near future.
But what's with the "Chinese folks must know kung fu" schtick? Gack, I know Rob Thomas didn't write the episode but still, it's disappointing to see that trope in this day and age (especially if it was written in just for the Keanu reference).
I recently purchase a Roamio Plus and Mini and connected both to my 5 year old Premiere (Roamio and Premiere are on Ethernet and Mini through MoCA). Now when I stream Amazon/Netflix on my Roamio, the bottom of the picture flickers. This didn't happen when the tv was connected to the Premiere and doesn't happen on the other TVs. One strange thing- when a YouTube video is started, the ad flickers but the video does not. Any help on what to change/do would be appreciated!!
The pre V3 TiVo app is available in the Google Play Store. I installed it and it solved my problem of not being able to stream some recordings.
My cableco recently changed some channels from HD to SD feeds. I discussed this in another thread.
This morning, I was checking my To Do list, and a program that I had specifically left on a SD channel has now changed to the HD feed of the channel.
I know that you can set an HD Only option in autorecords for wishlists, but I haven't see that setting for SPs.
Has anyone else seen their Tivo change channels in an SP, when you don't have the All Channels option selected?
I just heard about this service. Seems like it's pretty cool for cord cutters who want to get their sports fix (ESPN). They seem to be adding more and more live TV channels. Anyone know if Tivo will support/integrate like they do with Netflix, Hulu etc.
Hi. I have a Roamio and i'm thinking of getting a tuning adapter from Cablevision, so i can watch MLB Extra Innings on the Tivo.
I've read a lot of stories about the reliability of the TA's. So my question is, if the TA fails in some way, will that completely stop the Tivo from functioning, or would it only affect the channels that the TA is needed for? (SDV channels)
I have a OnePass set for Yahoo Screen's Community.
It has never updated to the new episodes. When the app was released it was current at that time and listed the 3 available season 6 episodes.
Since the apps release, OnePass has never updated.
The last available episode is stuck on # 3 which was released on 3/24. Since then, episode # 4 was released on 3/31 and episode # 5 was released on 4/7.
You can go into the actual app and watch the episodes but they show as unavailable in OnePass.
Is this because it's a new app or is OnePass just becoming garbage for anything except live TV? I remember there was an issue with OnePass updating to Netflix House of Cards but that delay was nowhere even close to what I am getting with Yahoo Screen.
Community is now 2 1/2 weeks behind and come this Tuesday when episode # 6 is released it will be 3-weeks behind..
Wow, Joe is amazing at everything. He wins physical challenges. He wins puzzle challenges. He knows that when he is picking people to take on the reward, he can't just take his alliance. But ultimately, he's got a huge target on his back, he's on the wrong side of the numbers, and he doesn't have a hidden immunity idol. The first time he doesn't win, he's gone.
I can't believe what a d-bag Dan is. He just has no self-awareness of when he needs to shut his mouth. He's the living embodiment of that saying about "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and confirm it." He's done nothing but confirm his idiocy since day one.
I was really hoping Sierra was serious about flipping and voting with the girls to get rid of Dan, and that they could pull over Tyler and Carolyn. But as soon as Sierra was so nonchalant at TC saying that she might flip, I knew it was just an act and that all her blue collar tribe mates knew that she'd fed a line of BS to the Nons.
Hali was kind of a non-factor in the game, so I'm not really sad to see her go, but I am bummed that Joe's alliance is about to be decimated and that Tyler is siding with the Blues. I would love to see Joe and Tyler make it to the end.
My TiVo Roamio Plus and Mini 2 recently updated to software version 20.4.7.
Ever since the update, the Discovery Bar on the Mini is missing in action, with a blank space where it should be. I even did a Clear and Delete Everything to try to bring it back, but that didn't work. All other functions appear to be working normally.
Anyone else having this issue? (Yes, I have contacted TiVo support.)