Your #1 dedicated resource center to buy, discuss, and chat on the use of TiVo powered products and services such as Series 1, Series 2, and Series 3.
Updated: 58 min 19 sec ago
Hello, all! I've started having a weird problem over the last couple of weeks--my Tivo will not record a Season Pass program and, when I go into the recording history to see what happened, gives the message saying that someone in my household didn't allow it to change channels.
The problem is that I'm the only person in my household and have never been anywhere near the TV when it decided not to record! Any ideas about what might be up? I've tried rebooting the Tivo and it didn't seem to have any effect. There's not any consistency about which programs it decides not to record, either, and it's continuing to get some season pass programs without any problems at all.
My Tivo is a Series 2 and my cable provider is Comcast...thanks for any advice, it will be much appreciated!
I grabbed the Tivo app for my Android Tablet, installed it and it found the Tivo fine. Next I downloaded the Tivo Desktop software and installed it on my PC. The software will not see the Tivo Premium on my home network (connected wireless). Could this be a firewall issue? Any solution or anyway to plug the IP into the software?
I plugged the Tivo IP into my desktop browser and got the Tivo web page from the unit.......
My wife set up a season pass for "Press Your Luck", which is airing every day this week at 9:30AM on the Game Show Network. Yesterday she noticed that it didn't record. I checked the Recording History, and it isn't even listed.
Yesterday I checked the guide, and it was listed in the 9:30 slot, but just never recorded. But, then I checked the guide for today, and it said "Family Feud" (which we don't have a season pass for) in that time slot, and it showed that it was going to be recorded. I forced a network connection and checked the guide again, and it had changed to "Press Your Luck".
So as of last night, both the guide and the To Do List said that "Press Your Luck" was scheduled to record at 9:30 today.
So fast forward (or skip to tick) to this afternoon, and guess what? It didn't record AGAIN. And once again, it doesn't even show up in the Recording History.
So the guide and To Do List keep saying they're going to record, but when the time actually comes, they just ignore the show. What is going on?
We just set up a manual recording so it will record in the future, but I'm curious why this would happen. Any thoughts?
Comcast in the Hartford area updated their HD channel lineup, moving the HD channels to 4 digit tier (1000+). The change just occurred overnight. When I turned my TV on this morning, the old channels were still present (in the guide), with guide info, but do not tune in. I went into the channel settings and see the 1000+ channels present, added them, but do not get any guide data for them (all say to be announced).
Steps taken so far:
1. Forced connection (no change)
2. redid guided setup (no change)
3. Contacted tivo and zap2it regarding the issue (awaiting replies)
Outside of contacting Comcast and spending hours going around in circles, is there anything else I should do - outside of waiting.
A search of the forums reveals this is a change they are making in several locations across the country, has anyone had similar experience? If so, how long until the guide data is updated to reflect the changes.
Just noticed the priority list is back for the coming fall update.
Figure I start a post where all the guesses and rumors can be in one place !
Is anyone aware of a MPD client
that can be controlled from a Tivo?
I am enjoying this show.
The writer woman was an idiot. If all of a sudden everything I write comes true, then I start writing about a notorious spy/assassin, he's going to die at the end of my article :p
I am planning to buy a Premiere XL4 in the next weeks, potentially with lifetime subscription. My TV is already 3d-enabled, and I'd like to make sure that my Tivo investment is "future-proof" for 3d content coming from the cable card tuner(I'm on Comcast) or from apps such as Netflix. Is the XL4 technically capable of doing this?
I saw an earlier post titled "Comcast adds TiVo Series 3, Premiere boxes to the 3D compatible list", but I'm not sure how much it applies. I would post the link, except I'm not allowed yet.
First, am I reading the Tivo website correctly--that in order to enable a TIVO Premiere XL4 to run on Moca with Comcast, I just have to plug an active ethernet connection and a coax cable into my XL4?
Second, is it the consensus that Moca is the best way to run the Tivo Premiere? Fastest connection, etc?
What is the best commercial cut software, free and paid?
OMG, that Bollywood number was a soggy mess. I mean, it was okay given the rehearsal time they had, but ugh.
I'm only at the halfway mark, but Louis and Sabrina's disco is my favorite so far.
Edited to add: Gilles and Peta were waaay over marked.
Favorite dances at the 1:33 mark (not in any order)
We'll see what happens next.
I am considering ditching my Comcast Motorola DVR's to purchase an Elite XL4 for my Great Room & probably an inexpensive 2 tuner Premiere for my Master Bedroom or the IP set top box when available. I did the 30 day trial 2 years ago & ended up sending back my Premiere & cancelling my service. I was hoping somethings have changed since then & I'd like to get some real world unbiased answers from current owners if you don't mind.
1) Menu Screens: Has the responsiveness of the menu screens improved, specifically in HD menu mode? I remember the HD menus lagged & were incomplete (mixed HD & SD menus) & the SD menus were not as up to date graphically but were more responsive. Have they enabled the second core on the dual core processor on all of the premieres via an update yet? I would think that this would have made a difference.
2) Screen Saver: Unless I missed something I was shocked to find out that my Motorola box has a screen saver & Tivo did not. Major over sight in my opinion, sometimes I get up for a break & don't want image retention on my Pioneer PRO-141FD. I hope this has been addressed?
3) Caller ID: Not a deal breaker but a nice feature that my previous DIRECTV DVR & current Comcast DVR have that I find a nice feature. I can't see why they couldn't enable this since they can connect via phone line with an adapter of course.
4) Whole Home DVR: Overall how well does the streaming (not transferring) from box to box work on a wired ethernet connection? I would use the XL4 to record all of my shows & stream them to a 2 tuner Premiere in my bedroom. I am not concerned with transferring or even recording, just access to the main library & pause, rewind, etc functions of live TV. I have heard a little bit about the rumored IP box that is coming soon. It sounds interesting but I am not sure if it is worth losing a tuner on the XL4. Especially if they have a monthly service charge for the new IP box. I am assuming this IP box can only access recordings & not live TV? And if so will it pause & rewind, etc live TV?
5) IP Control: I will be using this with the Roomie Remote app & was wondering if anyone can comment on how responsive the Tivo is to IP control? If anyone here is using Roomie or another form of IP control (iRule, Crestron, Control4 , etc) with a Premiere please share your experience.
6) Bugs & Issues: I had problems with my premiere locking up & had to unplug it sometimes. Has this improved &/or are there any other issues or bugs that my pop up that I should be aware of ahead of time?
Thank you in advance,
For kicks, when do you think the TiVo Mini will actually hit the consumer market? (poll above)
This was actually a fairly good episode, until they stupidly decided to go after the bomb on the train instead of freeing Danny. The explosion would have taken out the engine, but I doubt it would have take out the passenger cars. At worst the train would derail, but that's survivable. If Miles and Charlie had went after Danny it would also be a non-issue.
It's a shame because the episode gave us trains, bikes and cars pulled by oxen. Pretty much everything people were complaining about and then they had to go and make Miles stupid. Charlie I could understand, but Miles is ex-military. It was simply a bad tactic.
At least they have the captain a back story and the twist with his son was nice.
Are there no sources for residential customers to purchase new cable cards?
On Ebay I see plenty of used, Scientific Atlanta and Motorola M-cards but no new cards.
Scouring the net I have been unable to find a source for purchasing new cable cards.
This is assuming for example that once paired with the tivo Comcast can still activate a privately owned card and hit it with an encrypted signal.
Having a problem with my stream when downloading. If I select a 1 hour show and the lower quality it gives me a filesize of ~600mb and an estimate of 9 mins. When I start the transfer it changes the estimate to ~30 mins and proceeds very slowly. Now my wireless network may not be the fastest, but I can easily get 15mbps on the same phone I'm trying to use for the download (which should mean I can download 600mb in under 6 mins). What's even weirder is that at some point it just gives up, but marks the transfer as successful. So now I have a ~400mb file which gets a little over half way through the show and stops (not the greatest error handling!).
The streaming option works great and I've never seen any stuttering or obvious network issues when using it. The TiVos are all wired cat5/moca and the wireless is a multi-AP 802.11n setup.
Suggestions greatly appreciated!
I opened up my videos Today. I have 4 files $ibtufzm, $IQIL332I,$RBTUFZM and IZSHQIG. They not on my coputer for the tivo. I tried to play them but when I click play a screen comes stating that it it is copy protected. Does any one know what these files are and how do you delete them?
My tivo still works great with my antenna but the cable card, although activated just shows black screen. Anyone ave any ah-ha moments to share?
Wowzers, I now know more about Gyp than I really wanted to know! :D
There was a lot going on this episode, and a lot of it was really well done. What was up with Gillian, does she really think Jimmy is alive?
Loved Van Whatshisname's "wife" and her English lessons and particularly her defense of her husband. She's a keeper!
I never watch this show twice, but I might this week.
have had Comcast out with over 6 Motorola CC's
channels are checked, service is activated for full digital HD with all premium channels
In the past my older Series 3 with 2 cable cards was working fine recieving full premium with HD... when it died I turned in the those CC's, kind of kicking myself now, but there was no way to forsee this problem
I have had Tivo CSR on 3 way with Comcast CSRs and they still cant get this working
Tivo says it appears the CC's arent activated properly, Comcast says they arent sure how to
The Comcast installers here seem to have zero knowledge when it comes to CC's, any ideas?