Just 2 more episodes left! Recap at my blog
* Were you expecting Navarro to get hit by a car or bus while running away from Jack? I sure was. I'm glad the writers didn't take the cheap way out.
* Jack's interrogation didn't seem very effective, given what we know about his skills as the MacGyver of torture, which was a clue that a longer game was in play. Again, I'm glad that the writers came up with a new way of getting information out of someone rather than resort to more torture.
* That was a very nice scene in the car between Jack and Kate, where Kate was visibly torn with grief as she confessed that the last time she saw her husband in prison, he could see that she didn't believe in his innocence, and realizing that was most likely why he committed suicide. And then asking Jack how you get over that, and Jack saying "you just do," and then admitting to his having taken as much revenge as any person possibly could, and that it cost him everything he had left, and it didn't help.
* We're still waiting for the time jumps -- 10 hours have gone by, 2 episodes left, and 14 hours left in the "24" day. I briefly thought that the car crash with the Russians could have left Jack unconscious and eaten up a bunch of time, but nope. Perhaps the scene with the President's being told that Air Force One is ready means that 5-6 hours will be occupied by a trans-Atlantic flight back to the U.S.
* The last we saw of Chang was being taken into custody by then-CTU head Bill Buchanan at the end of season 6. How is he out now? Well, I guess if you total up the time between the end of season 6 until the start of "Live Another Day," something like 9 1/2 years have passed. I suppose he could've gotten a sentence shorter than that.
* When the Chinese capture Adrian and Chloe and take the override device, Adrian tells them that hacker Yates altered it so that it could be used only on drones. Chang tells him to restore it, and Adrian confesses that he lacks the technical skills to do so. Chang turns to Chloe and expects that she can do it. Now, I know that Chloe is a tech nerd goddess, but on multiple occasions on this day, we've seen Chloe ask Adrian for help. How is Chloe able to restore the override device when Adrian can't?
* I've been saying this for several weeks now, but I really love how tightly plotted this season has been. There really haven't been any extraneous subplots; Kate's husband, the Russians, the rendition order, Jordan Reed's murder - they all tie in to the main plot.