1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZNF: TiVo Preps Customizable 3-Column View

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sbiller, May 3, 2014.

1. May 3, 2014 #1 of 37
    sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    [​IMG]

With TiVo’s minor spring update behind us, the company has turned its attention to perhaps the most dramatic interface update since the launch of their original HDUI in 2010. It appears the primary objectives are improved UI consistency and completeness, along with additional discovery and organizational options.

Read more: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2014-05/tivo-preps-customizable-3-column-view/

2. May 3, 2014 #2 of 37
    jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I wonder if "UI consistency and completeness" means the end of SD menus. On a side note, it sure looks like someone violated their non-disclosure agreement....

3. May 3, 2014 #3 of 37
    sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Agreed. If I were a betting man I would say 50/50 odds on that. :)

Sure does! Although it appears that Dave's source held back the best screen of the bunch (i.e., the three column view!).

4. May 3, 2014 #4 of 37
    jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    LOL, I'm sure your right. I can't wait to see the full view. Until filling up my Pro's 3tb disk with recordings, I just didn't expect needing a better way to organize My Shows. Now I get lost paging through trying to find my stuff. This will be a welcome improvement, but I'd really like to put my wife's and kid's stuff in a different profile(s) so its completely out of view.

5. May 3, 2014 #5 of 37
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Probably because the NDA violator that leaked this didn't want to reveal names of recorded shows that might give identity away to TiVo.

6. May 3, 2014 #6 of 37
    jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Bingo. Plus with the blur out of the recordings in My Shows 3-column view. Although, he might have messed up by showing his TV (and window reflection) if he's been sending in pics (of bugs) during the Beta.

[​IMG]

Very similar look and feel to "Browse TV & Movies". I almost didn't notice the "My Shows" title.

7. May 3, 2014 #7 of 37
    sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Wow... totally missed the blurred out image as well.

If TiVo did some A/B type testing with their beta testers they might be able to isolate the actual NDA violator. I also wonder if there is some technique where they could include a hidden watermark that would help isolate the screen shots. That would be a useful technology.

8. May 3, 2014 #8 of 37
    HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    I would rather not know what is coming than have some Bozo compromise the BETA testing process. That is IF the leak came from a BETA tester.

9. May 3, 2014 #9 of 37
    innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    As Dave pointed out we already knew this was coming we just didn't know when. TiVo mentioned it at CES I believe or around the launch of the Roamio. I know it was mentioned in a Engadget HD article.

Hopefully devices allows local content though that may just be the TiVo Desktop/PyTiVo Shares.

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Hopefully the (useless to me) What To Watch Now entry can be eliminated from My Shows now...

11. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Looks ok, but those categories don't help my house much at all.

This doesn't bode well for Profiles anytime soon. I'd still greatly prefer Profiles now that the house is filled up with Minis.

We see you Mr. Secret Boogeyman. :D

[​IMG]

12. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    :up: Hilarious. Unfortunately for TiVo, they have no idea what anyone looks like! I suppose they could send Zatz some sort of legal notice and compel him to provide his source although who knows if there is any legal precedent for that.

13. BigJimOutlaw

Mar 21, 2004
    Probably not worth it. Does the Tivo log remote control codes? A Panasonic owner, American Idol watcher, and probable Netflix subscriber.

Yeah, that doesn't really narrow it down much. :) I can't ID the other Discovery Bar items, though the second one is familiar.

14. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Not necessarily an Idol watcher it could just be a recommendation since it is on now and popular.

15. BigJimOutlaw

Mar 21, 2004
    True. It's nighttime in the Idol pic so it's possibly "on now". Oh well. The silhouette is funny. :)

16. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    It kind of ticks me off to tell the truth...

17. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma

18. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    With help from Google Image search:

2nd is Walking Dead:

[​IMG]

3rd is Grey's Anatomy

[​IMG]

Haven't found the other.

19. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
  20. Johncv

Johncv Active Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    This make me want to drop DirectTV and return to Cox even if I have to pay more, just hate the crappy Giene box. :p Wish DirectTV and TiVo would sit down and talk and replace the crappy Giene with the TiVo Roamio. :mad: