1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zip Code Not Set in system information

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by ahwman, Apr 8, 2014.

1. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I noticed today under the account info/system information screen for my Mini that the field "Zip Code" shows "Not Set". Is this normal? Everything seems to be working fine, I just thought that was a little odd...

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't remember inputting a Zip Code when I set up my Mini. I'm guessing that since the Mini relies on the Host DVR for Guide info, it doesn't really need to know where it is geographically. Since it seems Tivo is working off of the same general code base for the Roamio/Premiere/Mini, that line of the Sys Info screen was probably never taken out of the Mini's code.

3. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Does your Mini also show "Not Set" for zip code under the account info/system info screen?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The Mini gets it's info from the host DVR. There is no need to input a zipcode. That is done on the host DVR.

5. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The Mini never takes in program information, just software updates so your location makes no difference, as said above the host DVR does all the program work.