1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube "LOADING"

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by sjmaye, Jan 14, 2017.

1. sjmaye

sjmaye Techie Wannabe

Aug 28, 2003
    Hendersonvil...
    Recently this app stops playing the video selected and pops up stating- "LOADING..." and never restart playback. I thought it may be the specific video being played, but I ran to my desktop PC and played the same video without issue.

This has been happening a lot lately. Is there a way to fix it?

2. Fant

Fant Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Having the same problem here. Usually stopping waiting a minute and starting again works but not sure why it keeps getting stuck.

3. sjmaye

sjmaye Techie Wannabe

Aug 28, 2003
    Hendersonvil...
    Actually, that better explains what mine is doing. It surprises me there are no other responses to this. Are we REALLY the only ones with this problem?

4. BobCamp1

BobCamp1 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2002
    Nope.

5. whoareyou_1999

whoareyou_1999 Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Thread where people are seeing on mini's
    YouTube app crashes

I think many people just give up on YouTube w/Tivo and use a different streaming device.

6. RePo

RePo New Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Houston, TX
    My Bolt will play YouTube until the inserted commercial. It almost never recovers after that. If I jump ahead it will sometime buffer again and resume playing. The Mini's work fine. For extended youtube viewing I've returned to my pre-TiVo media device.

7. CampnJim

CampnJim New Member

Dec 21, 2015
    There are definitely issues with the Tivo YouTube app. I also get the 'Loading' message, and often (maybe every time) after this recovers, the video starts in the middle and won't let me go back to the beginning, and also the timer/location tracker will get stuck where it's at and not advance with the video. Fortunately I have a smart tv with a great YouTube app that I can fall back on but I'd rather not have to. The main selling point of the Tivo to me was never needing to touch a second remote.

8. sjmaye

sjmaye Techie Wannabe

Aug 28, 2003
    Hendersonvil...
    FYI- I contacted Tivo tech support. The instructions below seemed to have fixed mine.

• Uncheck YouTube- From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > User Preferences > My Video Providers
      • Uncheck Youtube from this list
    • Force a connection to TiVo service
      • TiVo Central>Settings and Messages>Network Settings>Connect to TiVo Service Now.
      • Run this process twice
    • Restart the Tivo
    • Recheck Youtube
    • Force one more connection
    • Then test for the issue again.
    I hope it helps you.

9. Feb 1, 2017 #9 of 12
    sjmaye

sjmaye Techie Wannabe

Aug 28, 2003
    Hendersonvil...
    Well, that was short lived. It ran fine for maybe 10 videos. Now back to LOADING...

I am now seeing a recurring theme as I get help from Tivo Tech support- "Reboot and everything will be OK"

I am losing faith that the Bolt is the answer to my cordcutting needs.

Rkkeller and Fant like this.
  10. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    I am in a few Cordcutting groups and the TiVos are looked down on especially since Tablo, HDHome Run and other OTA DVR's were released. I even contacted TiVo and asked about support for more cordcutting apps like Sling, DVTN and Vue and they said no plans at all right now. Your better off with a $30 FireStick for streaming over any TiVo like your finding out for yourself right now.

If I did not have lifetime on my Bolt, I would have gotten a Tablo DVR long ago. It is just so much better for us Cordcutters and OTA.

11. sjmaye

sjmaye Techie Wannabe

Aug 28, 2003
    Hendersonvil...
    I keep tabs on cord-cutting as well. Some of the devices/software solutions you mention are not a bed of roses either. I have read about many problems. I had Media Center for 8 years. I really liked it, but there was always some issue popping up. That did not go over well with the wife. The one thing I can say for the Bolt is that it just works. Uh, with the exception of the youtube app.

As I see it, Tivo is in the business of selling DVRs and the annual service subscriptions. Why would they ever want to bring an app like Sling and their cloud DVR to the Bolt? With a cloud DVR and Sling what would you need a Bolt for? The Bolt itself has performed pretty well for me. I am, though, disappointed in Tivo's commitment to streaming apps. They appear only to be a sideline they feel they need to include to attract buyers.

I am glad I did not buy the lifetime package. This will be a big year for streaming services. You take that $30 firestick along with Sling TV DVR, Netflix, Amazon... it will be my final solution.

12. CybrFyre

CybrFyre Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I wonder if the main issue is one with whatever y/t srvr the tivo is pulling from combined w server hosting the video. Or a bitrate thing. I've seen this type of wonkiness w y/t on the computer before as well. And sometimes is video specific.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk