1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You tube?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DebbieZ1, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DebbieZ1

DebbieZ1 Member

Sep 8, 2007
    I have the tivo roamio pro and I know you tube is there but I can't seem to find it. Guide me please 😄

2. AAinCal

AAinCal New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    It should be at the bottom of the "My Shows" list or under "Find TV, Movies, and Videos" in TiVo central. If not, go to Settings -> Channels -> My Video Providers and make sure Youtube is checked.

Since you bring up Youtube, I'm having a different problem. Youtube has been working great for a while on my Roamio Plus, but today, I'm noticing that anything I try to play starts out at high resolution but within about 5 seconds drops down to very low (maybe lowest) resolution. Anyone else seeing this? A couple of points:

1. I know it's not my Roamio's network connection because Netflix on the Roamio is working at Super HD every time I try it.

2. I don't think it's the Youtube server or anything to do with my ISP, because I have a Roku 3 (located about a foot from the Roamio) that is working just fine on Youtube.

Any suggestions from anyone?

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Youtube may use different servers for their Roku app than what they use for the TiVo app so you can't say for sure it is not a network error with Youtube (or one of their CDNs).

4. AAinCal

AAinCal New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Good point. I guess it's probably just wait and see for a while.

Is anyone else experience trouble like this? FYI, I'm on TWC in the Los Angeles area.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Most likely, it is the pathway between you and youtube.

Open a CMD window and type tracert youtube.com

It will give the response times to each portal and any that times out will slow down the connection. However, you cannot do anything about the portals, unless someone there notices.

6. AAinCal

AAinCal New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks, but I've tried a traceroute already (<15 ms at each hop, no dropouts at all). I'm having no trouble from my desktop/laptop/iPad/Roku3, just from the TiVo.

I wonder if it's not what rainwater mentioned above: that the TiVo app is being served from a different CDN than the other devices. If that's the case, I have no way to do a traceroute, since I don't know how to get at the IP address of whatever is serving my Roamio...unless of course someone knows how to do that. Would love to hear if so.

7. DebbieZ1

DebbieZ1 Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Thank you AAinCal. I found it just where you said. I must have deactivated it. Have a great day. DebbieZ