1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XFinity VOD freezes

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by hutchca, May 18, 2012.

1. hutchca

hutchca New Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I just upgraded to a new Premier XL, Mainly so I could get the new Xfinity On Demand service.
    Unfortunately it's not working. I get the menus and when I select a video it starts playing for about two seconds, then freezes. Any video, every time.
    Sometimes I get an error screen that gives a reference number SRM-8001.

I've called Comcast and TiVo and nobody seems to know how to fix it.
    So I thought I'd ask the TiVo users. Anyone seen this problem and/or know how to fix it?

I did search the forums and Google for anything on this and couldn't find anything.

Update: I called Comcast back and finally got someone who knew what they were doing. He was able to send a command to my cable card and got things working.

2. StringFellow

StringFellow New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    That is the biggest problem with TiVo and cable cards. You have to find the right person in customer support who can handle cable cards.

Here locally any cable card issues require a technician to show up. Usually the techs are fairly good, but occasionally you get one that is clueless.

Best of luck with Xfinity VOD....it wont' be here for quite some time, if ever.

3. yamagata

yamagata New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    What's the command sent to your cable card? Many people are having the same problem, with no help from comcast. Could you please call them back and see if you can get information or a reference number that other Comcast techs could access? It would help us all. Thanks!

4. Mike-Wolf

Mike-Wolf New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    From what I was told by Comcast Tech support, only the new Cisco branded PKM801 cablecards will support the TiVo Xfinity On Demand service (In Cisco/SA markets) and not the old Scientific Atlanta branded PKM800 cablecards. Anyway here is one thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/Tivo-Xfinity-VOD-not-working/td-p/1401009 and another thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/Comcast-On-Demand-w-TIVO-Premiere/td-p/1374395

Comcast says for my area in New Jersey which is a Cisco/SA market, that the remainder of New Jersey should get this service early May 2013, so fingers crossed. :up:

5. mpnret

mpnret Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Comcast/Xfinity VOD has been working in Morris county, NJ since I got my TIVO. I have a Motorola card. I did have major problems getting them to program the card correctly. It seems if there is any issue they just want to do a truck roll and I was fighting it. After many calls I was able to get it working over the phone.

6. tannerdog

tannerdog New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    It's a billing issue. A code needs to be added to your XFinity billing for "TiVo Premiere".

I contacted Comcast Xfinity customer service . The representative confirmed that the billing code was the issue and corrected my account. On-Demand work great now.

7. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Mine bombs out every time I go into XoD, and then once I click through the error message, it works fine. Go figure.

8. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    I'm also having the problem with Xfinity on demand Freezing when first starts playing. I have to restart the Premiere and then it usually works but not always. I'm using a Cisco cable card 800 I believe. Do I need to upgrade the cable card? I'm on the comcast of Garden State NJ system.

9. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    No. The following procedure seems to work pretty well.

1. Stand up from the couch.

2. Walk clockwise three times around the room.

3. Chant "Comcast" "Comcast" "Comcast" in a hoarse whisper.

4. Blink your eyes four times.

Then it might work. :)

Seriously, it's erratic. I don't think it has much to do with the CableCard, as it's implemented through software with Comcast's backend.

10. muerte33

muerte33 New Member

Jul 4, 2008
    At least you guys have Comcast (Xfinity) VOD over your Tivos.
    I don't think this will ever get to us down here in southern MS!

11. JonM in MN

JonM in MN New Member

Dec 27, 2013
    Got a Roamio Plus and three Minis just after Christmas. Got a good rep on the line and she added the correct code and got it working, but now it's doing it AGAIN.

We don't watch a lot of VOD but I'd like to fix this permanently. Looks like a tech visit is my best hope?