1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xfinity VOD Freezes after 3-5 seconds

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by checkyourmirror, Jun 24, 2013.

1. checkyourmirror

checkyourmirror New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    We have a Tivo Premier XL and our market has Comcast Ondemand but we've never used it before. What happens is when we go to watch any VOD from Ondemand, it shows the full 30 minutes but after a few second it just freezes. Everything else works fine and we have premium channels like HBO working no problems.

Any suggestions on what this could be?
  2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Reboot your TiVo. I experienced the same issue very early on when I first began using Xfinity On Demand; went away and hasn't come back after a reboot.
  3. checkyourmirror

checkyourmirror New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Nope and spent an hour trying to get Comcast to add "Tivo Premier" to the Bolt-On Screen with zero luck
  4. JaxNole

JaxNole New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    We've had the same problem ever since the on-demand feature was rolled out. Would love to get this working!
  5. Time_Slip

Time_Slip New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Just called 1-877-405-2298 (Comcast Xfinity cable card number) and had them add the code around March 31, 2015. On demand was frozen (played for a couple seconds) since the end of February (after the last update).Tell them they need to add the Tivo code (I think it was a billing code). Cable card customer service didn't have a clue about the code until she looked for it or she asked someone else. Now I don't have to reboot the the minis to have Xfinity on demand work.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015