1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xFinity on Tivo has less programming than xFinity Andriod\Apple app streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by nrnoble, Jan 26, 2013.

1. nrnoble

nrnoble New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Today I just noticed that xFinity on my Andriod tablet has significantly more movies & series than xFinity on TiVo. Example xFinity on the my tablet includes all of HBO's TV series, such as Sex and the City, Band of Brothers, Sopranos. On Tivo, xFinity only includes currently airing series.

I do subscribe to HBO.

Can anyone explain why xFinity on TiVo has less programming than what I can get on my Andriod tablet, or explain to me what I might be doing wrong on my Tivo.
  2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    The Xfinity app on TIvo should have the same content as a Comcast cable box. Is that not the case?
  3. nrnoble

nrnoble New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    I don't have a Comcast cable box, so I do not know if its the same. I do know that using my tablet and my computer I have access to more Xfinity content that I do on my TiVo.
  4. stoli412

stoli412 New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Philadelphia PA
    The TiVo has the same offerings as Comcast's own box. It's true that the web and tablet apps have more/different content than what's available on the TV, but TiVo isn't getting any less than Comcast's own box.
  5. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Active Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Now you know that they're not the same thing. The Tivo on demand has the same content as the cable box on demand.
  6. nrnoble

nrnoble New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    That is interesting. It then raises the question, why do they offer more streaming content to computers and mobile devices, than what they offer for TV viewing? Since I do not travel a lot, I do not use my Tablet or computer for watching TV. I watch movies and series my HDTV through one of my HD Tivo.
  7. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Presumably because there are a limited number of channels they can put on the cable at one time, but if you're using the Internet (which you are, with a tablet or computer), the bandwidth is less limited. (I'm thinking with fewer available different shows/movies, it's less likely that as many people will be watching things via On Demand than if there were more available.)

Also, the licensing agreements may very well be different, analogous to the Draconian limitations on using regular Hulu on your TV.
  8. ah30k

ah30k Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Somewhat related, why does the TiVo youtube app have less content available than the web site?
  9. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Licensing issues. All Youtube publishers can choose whether to allow their content on mobile and/or embedded devices.