1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xfinity on Demand - Hide Adult Content

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by geekmedic, May 5, 2014.

1. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Is there a way to hide adult content available on Xfinity on Demand without turning on parental controls where you need a PIN code? When I turned on the hide adult content feature, I couldn't watch Crisis without entering a PIN.

2. godsey1

godsey1 New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    The way I did it was hit the guide button, go to the channel and click left to highlight the channel and press enter. It should give you the option to delete the channel. I really love this option. Hope it helps,

Tony

3. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    If you do this, is there a way to get the channel back in the future?

4. godsey1

godsey1 New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    I have not checked into getting them back, but I would say a guided setup would be in order. That would be my best guess. Maybe someone withmore knowledge will chime in,

Tony

5. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    I think you are talking about two different things.... the original post is about inside of the comcast on demand "app".

To answer the question about returning hidden channels to the guide..
    There are two ways to add a channel back into your list of channels:
    1. (When in the HD guide) If you hit the yellow "a" button when in the guide, you can set it to show "my channels", "favorites" or "all". Set it to "all", find the channel(s) you want to add back to "my channels", click left to highlight it and click select. You will see options to 'watch now" "add channel to favorites" and "add channel to channel list". Then set your view back to "my channels"
    2. (with either HD or SD menus) Go to settings and messages/settings/channels/channel list and click 'select' on your remote to add them back to your channel list.

6. tcorning

tcorning Member

Nov 14, 2001
    South Shore...
    If you turn on Parental Controls temporarily and change the Hide Adult setting to "on", that will still affect Xfinity On-Demand after Parental Controls are turned off. You just need to enable P/C temporarily to change the Hide Adult setting. Note that if P/C are enabled, then programs rated Adult Only in MyShows will show up as "Title Hidden" when Hide Adult is set to "on".

Hope this helps

7. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Thanks! That seemed to work!