1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xfinity on demand and the Roamio Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by lessd, Aug 31, 2013.

1. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I get Xfinity on demand on all my TPs, I moved a working cable card from one TP to my new Roamio Plus, got the card paired by Comcast and got all the stuff I was paying for like HBO etc. After about a day the Xfinity on demand launch icon appeared, got to trying it the next day and all I got was an error (Error-2) Locale Code TiVocardio-ch2-a1p.comcast.com Called Comcast and they said Xfinity on demand was only approved for the TP type TiVos, called TiVo and they said it should work, does anybody have a Roamio Plus in the Hartford CT area with a working Xfinity on demand ? Does anybody have a Roamio working with Xfinity on demand working anyplace in the USA ?
    I think I will be playing phone crap with Comcast/TiVo in the next week, that one problem TiVo should handle directly with Comcast and not put the customer in the middle, there should be a TiVo Xfinity on demand Tech group that knows who to talk to in Comcast to fix such problems.

2. geekaren

geekaren TiVo Rocks, eh?!

Aug 25, 2005
    Connecticut
    In Middletown, CT area, and Xfinity on Demand is working on my Roamio Pro.

Just want to mention: I had received that TivoCardio error message a few weeks back on my Premiere. It resolved itself without any intervention 3-4 days later. So, you may want to wait a few days before calling Comcast to see if it resolves on its own... less frustrating than the Comcast call.

3. speedy2

speedy2 TivoAddict

Aug 19, 2002
    Preston, CT
    I have a Roamio Plus with working Xfinity On Demand in the Norwich CT franchise area. Works great so it's not an issue with the Roamio not being approved. At least not in my area.

4. Sep 1, 2013 #4 of 73
    MScottC

MScottC Member

Sep 11, 2004
    TiVo Roamio Plus and Mini, both get xfinity on demand.
    Comcast of Jersey City, NJ

5. Sep 1, 2013 #5 of 73
    Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    I am in Mercer County NJ and mine stated working a few minutes ago.

6. Sep 1, 2013 #6 of 73
    justinw

justinw New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I'm in the Vernon CT franchise area and Xfinity On Demand is working great on my Roamio Pro. I had activated it like 3 days before I got it from Weaknees which ended up working out very well because once the box came I had On Demand as soon as guided setup was complete.

So as another poster said, I'd give it a couple of days to see if it resolves itself.

7. Sep 1, 2013 #7 of 73
    lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    As I will not be doing anything until Tuesday I hope it does resolves by then. I am glad it is working for people in CT.

8. Sep 6, 2013 #8 of 73
    lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Cable Comcast tech came out and had to change the cable card, OD now working great on my Roamio Plus.

9. Sep 6, 2013 #9 of 73
    wco81

wco81 Member

Dec 28, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    Xfinitiy on demand is channel 1 or something like that?

But the guide doesn't have specific info. on what's there?

How do you tap into say HBO shows on demand through Roamio?

I just got Comcast installed after over a decade with Direct TV.

10. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    No, its an app.

11. dmaneyapanda

dmaneyapanda Member

Jan 16, 2000
    princeton,nj
    As jrtroo says, you will not be able to access VOD through channel 1 (or any other OD channels). You have to use the app listed on the main Now Showing screen.

12. wco81

wco81 Member

Dec 28, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    What an app for the Tivo itself?

Where do you download from?

13. dmaneyapanda

dmaneyapanda Member

Jan 16, 2000
    princeton,nj
    As mentioned, it is an option on the Now Showing Screen (along with Netflix, Youtube, etc.).

14. wco81

wco81 Member

Dec 28, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    OK I'll check it out.

How quickly do they get shows on there, a couple of days, a week?

One thing I'm going to miss from Direct TV is getting both East and West coast HD channels for the various cable networks.

So being able to watch shows at 6 or 7 PM instead of 9 or 10 PM. Do they get shows on there right after it airs in the East?

15. dmaneyapanda

dmaneyapanda Member

Jan 16, 2000
    princeton,nj
    I really have no idea, sorry. I haven't had access to VOD for much more than a week, and I only used it to watch a single episode of "The Bridge" just to test it out. There seems to be a fair amount of stuff listed, but I didn't really look into it too much. The user experience is much worse than viewing a TiVo recorded show, so whenever possible I'd prefer to do that.

16. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    VOD can get you many movies for free and some new ones for a price, most shows are on VOD, just play with it (go to the HD version of VOD). You can launch VOD from the search menus or as stated at the bottom of the list of recorded programs, BUT VOD must be in your Comcast area, TiVo has a list of Comcast places you can get VOD.

17. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The XFinity app is a special deal TiVo has with Comcast. It's only available in some Comcast areas, not all. This is NOT the same one you can access via XBox or iPad. That one is a subset of VOD content streamed over the internet. The TiVo app will have the full selection of VOD, just like a cable box would. The way it works is that the app is able to talk directly to your local Comcast servers via the internet but when you actually select a show it tunes to a specific channel on the cable, just like traditional VOD.

According to the list here...

http://www.tivo.com/discover/cable

San Jose, CA is not one of the markets where this service is available. But if you see the app on your TiVo then it should work, since the Xfinity app is only enabled for zip codes that support it.

18. wco81

wco81 Member

Dec 28, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks, it lists the SF Bay Area.

I'd seen the Hulu and Netflix listings but didn't bother because didn't subscribe to either.

19. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, I would bet you can get it in San Jose, since I get it in Santa Clara.

20. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Anyone notice the audio/video glitching a second every 10 minutes or so during VOD playback?