1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WWE Raw hits 1000 Episodes

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aindik, Jul 23, 2012.

1. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    For all you current and/or former WWF/WWE fans, tonight is the 1000th episode of Monday Night Raw. As they say on the air every week, it's the longest running weekly episodic show in the history of television. The first episode was in 1993, and they do 52 episodes a year.

For folks who haven't been fans for a while, expect lots of nostalgia tonight. The Rock, Bret Hart, Mick Foley and all of Degeneration X except for Chyna are all scheduled to appear.

8 p.m. ET on USA network. Not 9 p.m., as it's a 3 hour show. In fact, Raw moves permanently to 3 hours at 8 p.m., starting tonight.

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?

3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    AJ as RAW's new permanent GM... LOL!

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I caught most of the second hour. I have to admit, it was nice seeing some of those old bastards again. Ron Simmons, Vader, Diamond Dallas Page etc... Rikishi's pants could provide shelter to 10 homeless people.

The Undertaker has a great name but he and Kane are lousy, boring wrestlers.

5. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    loved seeing the old SCSA clips with him filling up Vince's corvette with concrete and then the legendary beer truck incident. That's when wrestling was at its best!

6. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Except for the old timers, I thought the show was pretty weak. The whole wedding was a complete waste of time... the only exciting part was watching Daniel tear the set to shreds. I don't see how they'll be able to pad to three hours each week. Maybe they get rid of Smackdown.

7. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Austin wasn't there because he had knee surgery on July 2 and is still on crutches, and didn't want to hobble down to the ring.

http://brokenskullranch.com/archives/1142

8. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    How old is the Taker now? Isn't it about time he retires to that new Hulk Hogan wrestling league?

9. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Quick google search shows that he is 47.

10. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I have a feeling that Taker is one of those guys who is not going to wrestle anywhere other than WWE, ever. When he's done, he's done. He only wrestles about one day a year now anyway.

11. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Didn't Michelle McTaker quit to take care of Taker?

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Semi-interesting thing I learned from wikipedia: he was known as "Kane the Undertaker" at his WWF debut in 1990.