1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB USB RF dongle for premiere/mini

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by jstoddard, Jul 20, 2014.

1. jstoddard

jstoddard New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Anyone have a usb dongle from the slide pro remote that you do not need? Looking to use my roamio rf remote with my premiere. Would you take $10 + shipping?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Those dongle are most likely bluetooth not RF, so the Roamio's remote will not work with it, but it will work under IR mode (Hold TiVo + C until red light blinks, to return to RF, Hold TiVo + D until yellow light blinks.)

3. jstoddard

jstoddard New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    yes, I'm definitely not looking for the bluetooth one. I have one USB RF dongle that I am using with the slide pro on one mini right now, looking for another USB RF dongle to use with a premiere. Perhaps someone who was sent a slide pro recently for the software troubles will have an extra. Thanks

4. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    You might try calling TiVo and ask for one, they have on some occasions sent them out for free esp if you bought a slide pro. Tell them you meant to order the Premiere version but made a mistske an d ordered the Roamio version. A few months ago I placed two orders at tivo.com and called to get them combinded to save on shipping, they couldnt do it very easily so they canceled one order which was a glow remote and sent it to me for free (this was right before they stopped selling the glow remote],

5. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    http://www.weaknees.com Has them for $8 each. I bought some from them not too long ago. I couldn't find them on the website, but the they did sell them to me over the phone.

6. jstoddard

jstoddard New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    great - thanks. Will check with them now

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I do not there are even any RF dongles, only Bluetooth.

8. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    There definitely are. I have two:)

Attached Files:

9. Aug 8, 2014 #9 of 10
    Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The new Slide Pro uses the same RF standard as the new Roamio units. When you order one it asks you if the remote is for a Roamio or a Mini/Preimere. If you select the later they send you a little USB dongle. The same dongle can also be used to pair an original Roamio remote with a Mini/Premiere so it's definitely using the new RF standard and not BT.

10. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Did you find one yet? If not, PM me as I may have an extra one.