1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Series 2 with Lifetime

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by LI-SVT, Jul 14, 2014.

1. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Member

Sep 28, 2006
    I am looking for 2 working Series 2 units with Lifetime Plus.

I would prefer TCD 240X or higher.

Please mention any accessories and upgraded drives.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Lifetime Plus? I believe that is only on the Humax and Toshiba models of Series 2 Tivos.

What TV services are you going to use the Tivo for?

OTA? It would require a digital-to-analog converter box sold at electronics stores. It also would be a single tuner, even though there is a model that is a dual tuner (TCD649080)

Cable? A Series 2 would require a cable box, same situation as above, with the dual tuner only can receive analog channels remaining for a second tuner.

Satellite? Only the Series 2 will work on satellite and the satellite box, such as DirecTV..

Series 3, Premiere and Roamio models will work with cable with only the 4 tuner Roamio and the 2 tuner Premieres can be used on OTA.

3. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Member

Sep 28, 2006
    I have Directv now. If I ever switch to cable Series 2 still works, like you said. I also have two Premiers set up with basic cable and cable cards. I also have a subed Series 3 that I use for Netflix and MRV. The Series 3 is hooked up to a rarely used TV.

So one or two Series 2s would round out my system.