1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB PATA/SATA mobo, cheap

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by unitron, Dec 12, 2013.

1. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    My TiVo wrangling PC is acting up and I fear it's not long for this world.

Need a board with at least one IDE controller and at least 2 SATA ports, that can run XP, even if not all that quickly.

Should fit ATX case and ideally have a depth closer to 8" than to 9 or 10.

(I've got an old tower case from the Slot 1 days when ATX was new and the slot instead of socket configuration meant boards were as wide as before but not very deep.)

If there's a CPU and fan, and some RAM included, that would be a definite plus, and the I/O shield, manual, and driver disk would be appreciated as well.

EDIT TO ADD:

Onboard video wouldn't be objected to.

2. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I stopped using cases for my PC's and make my own tech benches to hold them. Nothing fancy but they help to keep things cool.

IMG_0010.jpg

It measures 9 1/2 by 14 inchs

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Very nice. I'm drooling.

But I've got bunch of those 5.25" wide mobile rack things with the slide out drive holders, and a lack of bench space.

Unfortunately, the older cases with 3 or 4 5.25" bays made in the early Slot 1 days of ATX aren't deep enough to keep them and boards deeper than 8"+ from trying to occupy the same space at the same time.