1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB PATA/SATA mobo, cheap

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by unitron, Dec 12, 2013.

1. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    My TiVo wrangling PC is acting up and I fear it's not long for this world.

Need a board with at least one IDE controller and at least 2 SATA ports, that can run XP, even if not all that quickly.

Should fit ATX case and ideally have a depth closer to 8" than to 9 or 10.

(I've got an old tower case from the Slot 1 days when ATX was new and the slot instead of socket configuration meant boards were as wide as before but not very deep.)

If there's a CPU and fan, and some RAM included, that would be a definite plus, and the I/O shield, manual, and driver disk would be appreciated as well.

Onboard video wouldn't be objected to.
  2. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 New Member

May 25, 2006
    I stopped using cases for my PC's and make my own tech benches to hold them. Nothing fancy but they help to keep things cool.

It measures 9 1/2 by 14 inchs
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Very nice. I'm drooling.

But I've got bunch of those 5.25" wide mobile rack things with the slide out drive holders, and a lack of bench space.

Unfortunately, the older cases with 3 or 4 5.25" bays made in the early Slot 1 days of ATX aren't deep enough to keep them and boards deeper than 8"+ from trying to occupy the same space at the same time.