1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSOP 2012 Final Table Coverage - Pad???

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JLucPicard, Oct 28, 2012.

1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I wasn't able to find anything on the ESPN web site that details anything about their final table coverage other than Monday at 8:00 ET/7:00 CT on ESPN2 (3 hours) and Tuesday at 9:00 ET/8:00 CT on ESPN (2 hours).

I am padding those recordings by 3 hours each, plus I am recording about 4 hours of those respective channels that air following those time blocks.

I seem to recall that last year's final table took FAR, FAR longer than just 5 hours total, and I don't have any idea how long they'll stick with coverage either night. I'm assuming they plan on Monday night going as long as it takes to get down to X number of players, and Tuesday night being covered until there is a winner.

Bottom line - if you want to watch it all, make plans that coverage will probably run over both nights!

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Padding is good. MOre importantly for this particular forum is that tonight's coverage is in ESPN2 so will not be picked up by an SP set on ESPN.

At least it's not on "The Ocho". Comcast has yet to add that to their lineup.:D

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Great point! I posted to the 'Pad Recordings' thread so those subscribed to that thread for immediate notification will get the info right away and can act on it.

Thanks for pointing that out (I have SPs on both channels and didn't think that many might not).

4. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Active Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Plainview...
    Thanks for the update.

5. Rez

Rez Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Austin, TX
    I won't reveal how many players are left at this point so as to not spoil the coverage for anyone recording. That said, I'd suggest setting a manual recording to extend your recording even if you padded 3 hours.

6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You couldn't get anywhere near it with padding.. had to make several recordings..

7. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Or one long manual recording.

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    yeah ok, but even with a new-ish 500 gig Premiere 4, I didn't want to make a TOO LONG recording if it only went a few hours.

I *happened* to wake up sometime near when one of my manual recordings was about to end, then woke up near when it completely ended (I think I slept weird hours that night)..