1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

Would multi room work with one subscribed TiVo and one not?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Bryanmc, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    I'm sure the answer is both need to be subscribed, but figured I'd ask.

I have one TiVo HD with lifetime and cable card. I received another TiVo HD and would ideally just put it in the bedroom and transfer shows from the living room TiVo.

Can this be done without a subscription on the bedroom TiVo?
  2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
  3. unitron

unitron New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Being able to share shows between TiVos is considered part of the TiVo service, which means paying for the TiVo service.

Your current lifetimed HD qualifies you for the $9.95 per month rate on that second HD, instead of $12.95, if that's any consolation.

Or you could keep it as a parts source, especially as a quick way to check for power supply problems.
  4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator TC Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Sell both and get a Premiere 4 and a Mini instead.