1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Cooks In America

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Lee 2.0, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    No thread for this season yet?

Bobby Flay is hilarious in this.

2. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Alina (sp?) is the front runner for Bobby's team. Not sure on Ann's team yet.

3. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I like the show, but I just don't buy it

how can anybody be that stupid ?

if you know you're going on the show wouldn't you watch a few episodes Alton Brown or Giada De Laurentiis or even Chopped ?

wouldn't you look through a cook book and learn about food ?

in the preview for next week they show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j0cUaZCRos
    one of the cooks making gelato with saffron and basil and ginger !

it's one thing for your technique to not be perfect, it's another thing to not be able to tell onion from fennel

just visit a supermarket a week before you're supposed to go on the show and look around
    familiarize yourself with food

I guess that is why it's called "worst cooks"

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    So - is this the season thread with spoilers?

Just in case -

I really wanted that Big Mike guy to stay and that woman who keeps slobbering all over Flay gone. But I knew, from the dishes they made, he would get the ax anyway. There are some interesting contestants and some really boring ones. Seems like Bobby F likes that whackadoodle attention but I hope that lady doesn't stay long. She doesn't seem destined to but I guess they love the drama for the show.

5. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    I enjoy this show because it makes me feel better about my skills, lol. I agree though that it's hard to believe people can be that stupid...but I come from a family of cooks.

That said, if they really ARE that bad, then the dishes they complete are actually quite impressive as I think I'd even have some issues...I've never broken down a chicken, filleted a fish, pan-fried a steak, or made polenta.

6. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Sadly, I do not find it difficult to believe these people. My mother and grandmother had a horror of cooking and passed on to me. Growing up and while I was living on my own I never ate a single thing that wasn't pre-prepared unless it was fruit or something. Fortunately my husband was a restaurant guy when I met him, and my dad's family owned a restaurant, so as an adult I've learned to cook. I still feel like those people in the show every time I enter a kitchen though.

7. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    I know it's a TV show and they want drama but I'd like to actually see them teach some basic stuff first like knife skills, food/equipment ID, and kitchen prep. Worst case it could even be the pre-episode selection--narrowing 50 down to 20 or whatever. Sort of like (IIRC) Master Chef did with peeling and chopping onions.