1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Without End on the Reelz Network

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Church AV Guy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I have been watching World Without End, but I am confused. The people who regularly post here usually have the correct answers about these kind of questions.

In the "Making of..." show, they said it was an eight hour miniseries. On the IMDB, there are eight episodes listed. Reelz has been showing episodes that are two hours long each, so there will be either four episodes total, OR the "Making of..." show was in error and it's an eight episode show, sixteen hours total. The episode names that Reelz has listed are not those that IMDB has listed.

I'm a bit confused. Does anyone have the real information on this?

Thanks.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Looks like 8 one hour episodes shown in four two hour blocks.

3. Timbeau

Timbeau Active Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    Is this a previously untelevised mini-series? I could swear I watched something like this not more than a couple of years ago. Perhaps on Starz or Showtime?

4. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Yes, it is a new miniseries. I suspect you are thinking of "Pillars of the Earth" which was on a couple of years ago. "World Without End" is a sequal to Pillars, and takes place in, or at least starts in 1327. Pillars starts in 1135. They are both set in the same place.

Yes, I finally figured out that "World Without End" was originally eight one-hour episodes with episode titles of chess pieces, ecxcept the last episode named Checkmate. Reelz, for the USA audience has repackaged the eight one-hour episodes into four two-hour episodes, and gave them more conventional names like "Plague and Passion" and "A People Revolt". I wonder why?

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    The one hour episodes with their (chess names on dirctv) are available on demand on at least directv and fios.