No hard data here, but here's what I have: o About a week ago the DTivo (Series 1) complained about not having made a call. o Looking into the Phone screen the last call it claimed to have completed was March 18 o Calling DTV, their phone monkey told me that no, the most recent call was March 21 (I suspect that the difference is "When did you last call TiVo" vs "When did you last call DTV?") o The error on the screen was something along the lines of "Remote service not answering" (though when the dialing was happening, you could lift a phone receiver and hear the modems screaming at eachother) o I had been using "The 800 Number" as my dial-in number (there were no local POPs when I set this unit up years ago) o I was using ,#019 as the dial prefix Removal of the ,#019 prefix did nothing to resolve the problem. After several days of arguing with DirecTV support about this problem I found this post. I found a local POP number, entered it into the Prefix field, and made a call. Voila! Everything works well again. The DTiVo presented me with a proper list of local POPs, I selected the same number I had just used in the prefix field, and now everything is working as expected again.