1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? NOTE...The site will be slower until this is all done! Thanks for your understanding.
    Dismiss Notice

Woot one day deal

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Johncv, May 5, 2012.

1. Johncv

Johncv New Member

Jun 11, 2002
  2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
  3. shadowplay0918

shadowplay0918 New Member

May 16, 2011
    Between this deal and the $69 new ones at the BB that's closing by me I'm very tempted to replace 1 of my TivoHD's but 2 have lifetime and the 3rd at $6.95/month. Also going to move in 4-5 months and not sure about sticking with Comcast.

Nice deal though..
  4. bigray327

bigray327 New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    I really surprised more people weren't talking about this here.
  5. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
  6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    I wonder how many of those will actually get activated.
  7. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Surely most will be activated unless that is a cheap price for a 500GB hard drive. Without service, isn't the Premiere unusable now, other than as a tuner?
  8. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Or you get a Remote with a $29.99 TiVo list price, a 320GB hard drive (not the 500GB hard drive) that has some value, a set of cables with a HDMI cable included in that set, a Power supply that sells for about the same price as this total deal. I am sure some people will active the TiVo but at $399 (The lowest cost for Lifetime) I don't know. I guess monthly as one would not put much up front money into the deal.
  9. jlb

jlb NCC-1701-D

Dec 13, 2001
    I wouldn't mind upgrading my HD to a premier with the Comcast on demand stuff rolling out and all. But My HD is on $6.95 so I don't want to give that up.
  10. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I would jump on this to replace my Series 3 with Lifetime that sits in the bedroom, but, honestly, the rumored future IP STB is a better fit for me at this point so I will hold out hope that it will come to retail later this year.
  11. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    This Tivo doesn't have a 500GB drive, it's the original 45hr Premiere.
  12. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

May 10, 2005
    i had the same problem. So i got the 99 lifetime deal on my HD then sold it for 400.
  13. donnoh

donnoh New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I don't think Tivo is the sharpest tool in the shed. I just bought a Premiere for $50 from Woot that I will never subscribe, spare parts. I also bought a brand new un-subscribed TivoHD for $50 off of ebay, subbed it for 3 months and then they offered me lifetime on it for $99 when I called to cancel the service on it.

Deals are to be had, you just have to find them.