1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMC move to Tivo ~ Station Logos? Other?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Kelcett, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Kelcett

Kelcett New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    I am moving over to tivo from WMC, and would like to confirm what I found in searches. Am I correct in noticing that TIVO does not use station logos in left side of guide? I see a space that looks like they could go there. Any add-ons to achieve? Logos would brighten a dull looking page.

Tivo doesn't use color backgrounds in guide fields for different types of shows like WMC?

In WMC guide I can move ahead several days and see show I want to record, hit record once or twice to record that episode or series and stay in the guide and grab any other show I want. This is real useful if you are several days ahead in the guide. With tivo if I am a few days ahead and ask to record I go through record setup but end up at current time in guide when complete. I have to then move forward and find where I left off. Am I missing something or is that how tivo works?

Thanks

2. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    I only use the Tivo Live Guide (unique to Tivo). You need to take a look at that. It shows the guide on the left side of the screen and when you highlight a channel, the right side is filled by everything upcoming on that. When you pick something to record (or a series- Tivo calls them "season passes") it goes back to where you were on the guide; you don't miss your place. The live guide is semi-transparent with currently playing program in the background behind the overlay. Here is a pic from the web- my Premiere looks much better than this one although the layout is similar.

You can customize the types of programs displayed but cannot customize Tivo's guides (colors, logos, etc.) AFAIK.

Attached Files:

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That's an OLD picture. On the Roamio it looks like this...

[​IMG]

But the functionality is the same.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    OP - there is no way to add logos to the grid guide, but you can advance days in the guide by pressing the skip button (->). If you pick something to record once it stays in the guide where you are. However if you want to set up a season pass then it leaves the guide and resets the position when you return.

The TiVo style guide mentioned above does not reset the position thought, so this seems like a bug in the grid guide.