1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishlist Creation

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by skid71, Apr 30, 2014.

1. skid71

skid71 Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Been using the Roamio +Mini's for a number of months now. For whatever reason, creating a Wishlist seems like a daunting task.

The goal in creating one now is to catch the first 3 episodes of GOT, Season 4.

Is it possible to create a wishlist for just a particular season of a show?

If so, could someone provide an example of how to do so?

Thank you

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Actually, you could by title or keyword.. It would be a pain, but I THINK you could do essentially (TITLE&OF&FIRST&EPISODE)||(TITLE&OF&SECOND&EPISODE)||(TITLE&OF&THIRD&EPISODE)

Again, you'd probably consider this even more daunting than whatever you're doing now (that's not meant as an insult), but you can do some fairly sophisticated things since they added some decent Boolean operators.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Practical way is make a non-auto record wishlist using series title, then use "upcoming" function to periodically search for all episodes from which you can find and set to record individual ones. Easier than that is using kmttg search++ functionality to do the search from which it's a little easier to pick and record individual episodes. If you're looking for fully automated I don't know of a way.

If money is no obstacle then easiest thing is buy all episodes of a season on Amazon from which you can then upload all to TiVo for viewing. The HD versions are better quality than cable I find.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It's actually very easy to create a wishlist for a specific episode of a show.

Explore this show->Episodes, select the episode. One of the options is "Create a Wishlist Search".

5. daa

daa New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    This is the first I've heard of these boolean operators, and I think that they can solve a problem for me. A pointer to where they're documented would be appreciated.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    That's the whole problem, the PDF manual makes no mention of how to do it at all, and it's not obvious either. I found out thanks to this post how to do it:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9862908#post9862908

7. skid71

skid71 Member

Mar 20, 2013
    I sure appreciate the info you all shared. I've got KMTTG set up on the laptop, I'll give that a shot. The creation of a wishlist search through episodes is very intriguing as well.

In reference to video quality mentioned earlier,
    I too, have found that Amazon download quality is far superior to HBO cable on our system (Comcrap). We were offered HBO's & Showtime's for $1 extra a month for 2 years and thought we should try it out. Video quality is horrible.