1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishlist auto records?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kturcotte, Jan 24, 2014.

1. kturcotte

kturcotte New Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    When did Tivo make newly created wishlists auto record? I HATE this! Anyway to just turn it off, the way it used to be?

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Yes you can turn it off but not "the way it used to be" (default). Only on an individual basis.

3. kturcotte

kturcotte New Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    How? As soon as I create a wishlist it becomes an auto record wishlist and I have to go in and tell it not to auto record

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    The Roamio software had this change. Maybe 20.3.7? While you can change any individual WL after it is created, there is no way to change the default behavior for all WL.

If you are creating a WL that is going to have lots of matches, and you know you don't want ARWL, what I do is first create it with garbage, so nothing matches. Then turn off the ARWL. Then go back and change it to what you want.

Stupid kludge, but it works.

5. squiddohio

squiddohio New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Ohio
    That's a nice tip. I was creating my WishLists, and found that lists with lots of hits actually started to record shows before I could get to the "Don't Record" command. Then, when I looked at my ToDo list, it was populated with many shows with red Xs, which is just stupid. I can live with the Name This Wishlist in a different menu, but it is surely simple to add an AutoRecord: Yes/No line to the main menu. TiVo could even default this one to Yes. TiVo is being very inconsiderate here. I expected better.