1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless N Adapter Causes TiVo to "Disappear"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by escrge, Jun 8, 2012.

1. escrge

escrge TiVo Owner Since '99

Apr 30, 2003
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I have three TiVo Premieres. Two are hardwired into my home network. The Living Room, however, is connected via TiVo Wireless N adapter. From time-to-time, the Living Room seems to "disappear" from the "My Shows" list on the other two TiVos. This has been an ongoing problem since I got the adapter. Because of this, I had to switch back to a slower wireless adapter but the transfer speeds became unacceptable once I upgraded to HD programming.

It's connecting through a Netgear dual-band router. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Wireless interference may be the cause of the slowdown, try changing the wireless channel.

3. mikeCsix

mikeCsix New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    David,

I suggest using a powerline/ethernet connection to your Tivo DVR. I had trouble with my wireless connection (802.11g) and could only achieve a 40% signal. The issue I had was Tivo Desktop had a hard time connecting to the DVR (almost never). This problem cleared up when I switched to the powerline/ethernet connection.

4. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I had this problem, went back one Netgear firmware upgrade and the problem went away. (I have the Netgear WNDR3700 V1 with V1.0.7.98, the newest Firmware that did not work is V 1.0.16.98)